What are you drinking now, pt 2.

morphsci

that's what i get for spending 2 months income on an engagement ring.

That is an expensive ring... I would be afraid to wear it.

Mark: That drinks sounds good... not sure about the peach brandy but Smith and Cross + Shrubb sounds good.

I happen to find some fresh mint and bourbon in the house so I decided to have a Mint Julep*. It was not a bad decision.

*Although this does not live up to Al's Mint Julep with a punch (and I don't have any fancy glasses.... yet).

ueB7a.jpg

Nice julep, Shelly. Very pretty and I am sure very tasty. The Stagg julep was awesome. Nice kick like a hoof to the head!

I was inspired to try Marc's concoction even without the peach brandy. I made due with a Hungarian Pear Brandy that my Hungarian buddy brought back from a trip over there. Probably not as sweet as the peach, but very tasty and S&C dominated in a good way.

In honor of all the rye drinking that is going on, I figured i'd break into my bottle of handy

In honor of all the rye drinking that is going on, I figured I'd break into my, uh, nearly empty bottle of Wild Turkey rye.

:/

Farewell lunch to my law student mentee: Negro Modelo with a chicken & chorizo burrito, and a Rodebach Grand Cru at Rosamunde's along with half of a boar sausage. First time to the mother ship rather than the outpost next door to Toronado. One stop shopping for sausage and beer!

Damn Al, that food sounds damn good! Just curious how was the Rodenbach? I see it all the time at my local but I've never picked one up.