slower forum

Knuckledragger

A friend of a friend's Pikes Peak crash. The guy asked his friends and family to not share it, but I don't know the guy, so here it is.

The driver and co-driver were hospitalized, and the co-driver is, I believe, still in the hospital. It's a beast of a crash, and they say the car was only floorpan and cage at the end. Glad those kids are alright.

**BRENT**

A friend of a friend's Pikes Peak crash. The guy asked his friends and family to not share it, but I don't know the guy, so here it is.

The driver and co-driver were hospitalized, and the co-driver is, I believe, still in the hospital. It's a beast of a crash, and they say the car was only floorpan and cage at the end. Glad those kids are alright.

**BRENT**

This (actually a photo, followed later by the video) was posted on Reddit by one of his friends. Supposedly they both had just minor cuts and bruises, and the co-driver had a dislocated shoulder because his arm went outside the car while it was rolling. Rollcages FTW.

The thrill of victory - ah I will miss the Olympics

qkR0l.jpg

iam shuch the baad ass biker... get off me!

I have no issue with him getting wasted after the games were over. Would have been better if he hadn't done it in public but all sorts of wild shit goes on after people are finished with their sports

From Gregg Easterbrook's TMQ column:

--- Hopefully, They Will Come to Their Senses:

AP Stylebook, an affiliate of The Associated Press, announced, at the annual meeting of the American Copy Editors Society, that formal writing may now misuse the word "hopefully." All but begging readers to wince, AP Stylebook said, "Hopefully, you will appreciate this update."

Common constructions such as "hopefully, I will be at the picnic" do not mean "I hope to be at the picnic." They mean, "I will be at the picnic in a hopeful manner." Grammar shortcuts are inevitable in extemporaneous speech; edited formal prose should be another matter. Yet rather than stand by disciplined use of words, The Associated Press now endorses sloppiness.

People in old-media organizations -- newspapers, publishing, the American Copy Editors Society -- complain nonstop that contemporary trends are making the printed word less important. Your columnist thinks it is the old-media organizations that are making themselves less important. If people with the title "copy editor" don't care whether words are misused, why should anyone care about copy editors?

--- I know I'm as guilty as anyone of making this common mistake. Hopefully, I will improve from this point forward. Err, that is to say, I will improve in a hopeful manner. Yeah, that's what I meant to say...

3sPPd.jpg

Living the dream!

1YYvB.jpg

zxBVD.jpg

dQExs.jpg

MS Flight Simulator's textures are a bit out of date. :/

7uvLY.jpg

Apparently Sharon Osbourne angered some Maiden fans a few years back.

I was at that concert in Devore. It was quite an event. Long story short, Bruce Dickinson made some remarks regarding the state of Ozzy and their TV show throughout the tour, and Sharon retaliated by having "fans" pelt the band with eggs and having the PA power cut numerous times during their set at that concert date. After the set, Sharon came onstage and called Bruce a prick and told her side of the story. Needless to say, the fans were not pleased. There were MANY Maiden fans there. The Sabbath set went on like nothing happened.

Rollcages FTW.

Ya, but they still have to be done right or they're practically useless. I suspect that in this case there was a lot of cross support built into the frame to absorb and spread out some of the impact. Otherwise the top down pressure would just punch the roll cage straight through the attachment points in the frame. The answer to "How much engineering design work is enough?" when racing at Pike's Peak is that there can never be too much!