What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Yes - Fly From Here

61ANvb74VzL.jpg

I bet opinions will be divided on this one. Sounds to me like a weaker Drama with a more modern sound, kind of like Drama-era Yes meets Asia. Far from their classic output of the 70s, but better than most of their 90s stuff. Thumbs up to the new singer Benoit David, who's no Jon Anderson, but still does a very respectable job. Still hoping Wakeman and Anderson will join back one last time before they retire for good, because while this album is ok, it's not the "real" Yes.

I can't believe how many people hate this one. Its clearly their best.

They don't know what they are talking about.

I'm pretty sure I agree with you, but I need to listen to it one more time. I lagged behind and hadn't gotten around to it until then.

Right now:

511kTb2K26L._SL600_.jpg

Deadmau5 - 4x4=12

hehe, i guess i'm back to form. :) i really haven't been listening to a lot of music lately, since my tinnitus has been acting up. now that i haven't had canalphones in my head for some weeks, though, i can listen to music and post huge album art jpegs.

Good to hear that man. The waylt threads weren't the same without you :)

Symphony X - Iconoclast

Symphony_X_-_Iconoclast_artwork.jpg

Another solid album by SX. Still the "ballsy" sound that was on Paradise Lost, but a bit more balanced between the heavy and melodic parts. Russell Allen is still in top form, the best heavy metal vocalist at the moment IMO.