June 23, 201115 yr comment_454079 Love the subterranean bass that starts playing at 0:21. I'm going to dissect the MIDI and see if I can get an actual song out of this, but it's pretty fucking catchy as it is. Report
June 23, 201115 yr comment_454109 Yes - Fly From Here I bet opinions will be divided on this one. Sounds to me like a weaker Drama with a more modern sound, kind of like Drama-era Yes meets Asia. Far from their classic output of the 70s, but better than most of their 90s stuff. Thumbs up to the new singer Benoit David, who's no Jon Anderson, but still does a very respectable job. Still hoping Wakeman and Anderson will join back one last time before they retire for good, because while this album is ok, it's not the "real" Yes. Report
June 23, 201115 yr comment_454111 Spinning the Silver things D:FUSE "PEOPLE_2" Sandra Collins "Cream" Oakenfold "Tranceport" Christopher Lawrence "Un-Hooked" Report
June 23, 201115 yr comment_454144 I can't believe how many people hate this one. Its clearly their best. They don't know what they are talking about. I'm pretty sure I agree with you, but I need to listen to it one more time. I lagged behind and hadn't gotten around to it until then. Right now: Deadmau5 - 4x4=12 Report
June 25, 201115 yr comment_454487 I was listening to some Beethoven and Brahms chamber music just now and was wondering why I was feeling so unsatisfied and even discontent. Then I realized it's because everything is slightly out of tune. Gross. Time to listen to some auto-tuned pop. Report
June 26, 201115 yr comment_454574 One of my all time favorites haj. Mine as well. Now listening to - Warren Zevon - Learning To Flinch Edited June 26, 201115 yr by Salt Peanuts Report
June 29, 201115 yr comment_455292 Johnny Griffin - A Blowing Session vol 2 (Music Matters 45 rpm vinyl, mono) Report
June 29, 201115 yr comment_455308 Dear Reks I have missed your enormous album art posts kind regards -loving admirer Tony Williams - Lifetime Emergency vinyl!! Report
June 29, 201115 yr comment_455312 hehe, i guess i'm back to form. i really haven't been listening to a lot of music lately, since my tinnitus has been acting up. now that i haven't had canalphones in my head for some weeks, though, i can listen to music and post huge album art jpegs. Good to hear that man. The waylt threads weren't the same without you Report
June 29, 201115 yr comment_455346 "Go back jack, do it again". Oops, different album. Steely Dan rocks! Listened to them when that CD was vinyl, in college. Report
June 29, 201115 yr comment_455386 Steely Dan rocks! " As I said to my old boss back in college: Say whatever you want about my mother, but I'll be damned if I'm going to stand here and let you bad mouth steely dan" Edited June 29, 201115 yr by aardvark baguette Report
June 29, 201115 yr comment_455411 Hans Zimmer with Rodrigo y Gabriela - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Soundtrack. Don't be hatin', Rodrigo y Gabriela are kicking some ass on this one. Edited June 29, 201115 yr by Aura Report
June 29, 201115 yr comment_455438 Track #6 - "Echoes" Quite possibly my favorite song ever (it's between that and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", depending on whether or not I'm in the mood for the haunting pt. 3 of "Echoes"). Report
June 30, 201115 yr comment_455545 Symphony X - Iconoclast Another solid album by SX. Still the "ballsy" sound that was on Paradise Lost, but a bit more balanced between the heavy and melodic parts. Russell Allen is still in top form, the best heavy metal vocalist at the moment IMO. Report
June 30, 201115 yr comment_455549 Quite possibly my favorite song ever (it's between that and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", depending on whether or not I'm in the mood for the haunting pt. 3 of "Echoes"). Brb listening to both now, and Atom Heart Mother suite. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.