July 5, 201115 yr comment_456519 Some ECM action. No coughing. Does Keith Jarrett make these annoying "humming and baying" sounds on this one? I fucking hate him for this as I can't listen to any of the stuff he is on because of this. Report
July 5, 201115 yr comment_456562 Yeah, best rock instrumental performance for that year or something. I actually really adore A Momentary Lapse of Reason. You should revisit that one as well. Yes, Sorrow is one of my fav PF tracks. Final Cut does not get much love either (often referred to as Roger's first solo album) but it's one of my favorites. Edited July 5, 201115 yr by MoonShine Report
July 5, 201115 yr comment_456572 My only problem with MLOR was that it was sold as a pink floyd album. It was Bob Ezrin and David Gilmore. I think of The Wall and The Final Cut as being Roger Waters albums, tho. I much prefer Animals. I do enjoy the Final Cut and MLoR for what they are tho. Report
July 5, 201115 yr comment_456580 MLOR sounds more like a Pink Floyd album than Final Cut does, though. I mean, if you've heard David Gilmour's solo albums, it doesn't sound like a David Gilmour solo album. It sounds like a Pink Floyd album. It was David Gilmour in full Pink Floyd mode, so I don't have a problem with it being sold that way. I mean, if you didn't follow the proceedings, I'm not sure you'd be able to tell. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_456592 yes, but it was made to sound like a pink floyd album, and rick and nick were only brought in to make it "authentic" they weren't part of the creation. Dogs of War is a great song tho. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_456602 "It was made to sound like a Pink Floyd album." IMHO, he succeeded. Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_456603 sure, but sounding like a pink floyd album doesn't make it one... anyway, dudes, http://turntable.fm/neilhimselfs_world_of_odd Report
July 6, 201115 yr comment_456609 sure, but sounding like a pink floyd album doesn't make it one...Actually, that's exactly what I meant -- that he succeeded...in making a Pink Floyd album. I mean, "the pink floyd sound" is so rare, that even when a band has a serious Pink Floyd bent to them (Antimatter, Porcupine Tree), they sound like they have a serious Pink Floyd bent, but they don't sound like Pink Floyd, like they're trying to be Pink Floyd. Whereas aMLoR sounds like a Pink Floyd album through-and-through. Heck, he even brought the sound up to date, with the opening percussive thrums of "Yet Another Movie" and the sparse yet detailed vocoder sounds of "A New Machine". EDIT: Besides, it says, "Pink Floyd" right on it. Didn't they, like, win that particular lawsuit? Report
July 7, 201115 yr comment_456715 Bunch of Talking Heads on MOG. Now a bunch of Blondie on MOG. Report
July 8, 201115 yr comment_456915 Gomez- Whatever's on Your Mind Edited July 8, 201115 yr by jvlgato Report
July 11, 201115 yr comment_457477 Half way through all the Beatles UK LPs sped up 800% http://is.gd/DohMnr Report
July 11, 201115 yr comment_457485 Half way through all the Beatles UK LPs sped up 800% http://is.gd/DohMnr You must be damn bored or damn curious. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.