June 12, 201115 yr comment_452052 Verdi Requiem, the requisite blow your ear drums, Dies irae. Just got a German import of the Semyon Bychkov conducted Multichannel SACD. Report
June 12, 201115 yr comment_452074 Julia Fischer - Poème. Really good performances, and I like her playing style. Edited June 12, 201115 yr by Asr Report
June 12, 201115 yr comment_452091 Adryelle, Glass Box EP -- link -- a pixie Tori Amos with Animal on drums. I kept waiting to see if she would turn around, and he would shrink down and quiet down at the same time, and then she'd face forward again, and he'd open his mouth and get loud again. But alas, that never happened. Still was quite entertaining, I'm smitten. Report
June 13, 201115 yr comment_452273 Eclat - Volume I & II (1996) and Eclat - Volume 3 (1997) I like them, very nice french prog. Edited June 13, 201115 yr by faust3d Report
June 13, 201115 yr comment_452298 Ryan Adams - Orion Ryan Adams does what people are calling metal, but that sounds more like punk from my high school years Report
June 13, 201115 yr comment_452316 Pendragon, Concerto Maximo -- holy shit, they've been around for 30 years?!?!? Report
June 14, 201115 yr comment_452453 Yearly visit with an old fave: Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I (1999) There were a couple years where I lived & breathed this record. Totally forgot about the last verse of the whole thing: So in the end, whatever, we die, we dissolve Equations unbalanced, riddles unsolved And we were never connected or involved Except for the intersections and crazy mathematics With no time and no space and no schedule and no place And they pass right through us without a trace And sometimes that music drifts through my car On a spring night when anything is possible And I close my eyes and I nod my head And I wonder how you been And I count to a hundred and ten Because you'll always be my hero even if I never see you again Report
June 15, 201115 yr comment_452561 Repercussion Unit - In Need Again (1987) Ed Mann, Gregg Johnson, Jim Hildebrandt, John Bergamo, Larry Stein and Lucky Mosko Playing: Marimda, Vibes, Steel Drum, Aluminafon, Tuned Gongs, Cow Bells, Woodblocks, Mixing Bowls & Frying Pans, Tabla, Bongos, Congas, Djembe, Kanjira, Tarn, Tambourines, Morsing & Drumset, Simmons Silicon Mallet (with MTX9, SDE & Aki S900), Bass Synthesizers (Yamaha DX7 II, Roland SH101 & Jupiter 6). Exactly what I need, a percussion overload in the evening. Edited June 15, 201115 yr by faust3d Report
June 15, 201115 yr comment_452626 Pulled these out to start my day. Lucinda Williams "Little Honey" Rickie lee Jones "Pirates" dead can dance "into the Labyrinth" Adelle "21" Al Green "Still in love with you" Report
June 15, 201115 yr comment_452675 Rickie lee Jones "Pirates" Been listening to a lot lately. Currently Ben Webster... Report
June 15, 201115 yr comment_452679 Black Sabbath - self titled (Japan PD33-353 first pressing CD, 2 albums on one disc) on LCD-2 Report
June 15, 201115 yr comment_452680 Is there something particularly good about that version/pressing/whatever? Black Sabbath is a favorite of mine. Shocking, innit? Report
June 15, 201115 yr comment_452693 Is there something particularly good about that version/pressing/whatever? Black Sabbath is a favorite of mine. Shocking, innit? IMO it is the best version on CD (tonally sounds the closest to the original vinyl), and I have heard them all. Still I prefer the UK first pressing vinyl, but I only play them when I'm not "background" listening. The problem with that CD is it omits Sleeping Village and Warning due to the time limitation. I still can't get over that, truncating one of the best metal albums ever Report
June 15, 201115 yr comment_452701 ...it omits Sleeping Village and Warning...Yeah, that's pretty much a show-stopper for me. Have they done other disks? We Sold Our Souls, perhaps? Nevermind, I'll go look, myself... Report
June 16, 201115 yr comment_452852 Sander Van Doorn vs Afrojack & R3hab - Koko Prutataaa (First State Mashup) Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.