January 20, 201412 yr comment_619438 Picked up The Other Side of Jimmy Smith at a record store this morning. I kid you not the bearded hipster at the register after staring at the album for a bit said "For a second I thought this was Jimmy Smits. You know from TV?" Report
January 20, 201412 yr Author comment_619489 Oh lord, that is going to give me nightmares. The mere sound of his voice makes me ill. Report
January 20, 201412 yr comment_619494 This I think was the five year anniversary (it's not labeled), nearly 35 years ago. I swear you'd not recognize him if not for the familiar lines. His humor improved greatly and regional dialect decreased dramatically over time. So if you hate his voice now, you may reaallly want to stay away from this. Edited January 20, 201412 yr by blessingx Report
January 21, 201412 yr comment_619709 Previewing the new album Moon by Snowbird. Simon Raymonde from the Cocteau Twins and Stephanie Dosen. She sounds a LOT like the ethereal whispery version of Elizabeth Fraser..... So far, not a bad album.....sounds a fair bit like Cocteau Twins, which is not a bad thing for me. EDIT: the more I listen, the sillier this gets. Everything is about fields, forests, foxes, owls, bears.....it's getting a little repetitive...... Edited January 21, 201412 yr by skullguise Report
January 23, 201412 yr comment_619915 Hunters and Collectors - Human Frailty (a fav from the 80's) Report
January 24, 201412 yr Author comment_620070 180g How are they? I haven't opened because they are Valentines Day gift for Claire Report
January 24, 201412 yr comment_620088 Nice gift. They're good. Difficult with current toddler-proof vinyl/speaker setup to be very critical. No complaints though. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.