What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Kauan Kauan Kauan Kauan Kauan -- all of their older albums except for Pirut are "name your price" on bandcamp right now.

Nice.  I have been on the same bender as well lately.  I can confidently say that Pirut is, overall, my favorite Kauan album (though Valveuni, from Ava Tuulen Maa, is my favorite track).

By the way, Dusty, did you download any of the albums from Bandcamp?  I ask this because my digital copy of Pirut was 24/44.1, and I was curious if any of the other albums' digital versions are 24 bit.  Nope, 16 bit .flac.  Oh well, I hope Anton puts that dollar to good use.  I already bought a CD copy a long time ago.

Edited by roadtonowhere08

Ryan Adams - Live at Das Haus, Germany, 10/17/2006

An absolutely pristine and totally free set of 24bit live tracks that could have *easily* been released as an official record/CD release.

There's lots on archive.org (as many of you know as I've read mention here in various threads) but this is by far the best. Just ridiculous...

Ryan Adams - Live at Das Haus, Germany, 10/17/2006

An absolutely pristine and totally free set of 24bit live tracks that could have *easily* been released as an official record/CD release.

There's lots on archive.org (as many of you know as I've read mention here in various threads) but this is by far the best. Just ridiculous...

I have that somewhere on the drobo, been ages since i listened to it. ryan is one of those artists i almost totally stopped listening to. i followed his career really closely until he left music. since he's come back i've had a harder time getting back into him.

not his fault at all, i'm just not as crazy about the singer/songwriter stuff as I used to be. seems like my interests the past few years have skewed heavily towards electronic music of various types. i feel like its where the most exciting stuff musically is happening right now.

That looks interesting. I've been listening to a lot of Antimatter. I love Antimatter. Very heavily influenced by Pink Floyd, they even write one song in the meter of Pigs (Three Different Ones). And to accomplish that atmosphere with such sparse and simple instrumentation...sublime.

:wub: Antimatter too.

Edited by MoonShine