What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

This is the lead song from Karl Bartos' (yes, that Karl Bartos) first solo album, Electric Music.  I know what you're thinking -- "WTF?!?!?"  It's heavily dosed with Johnny Marr.  I can't find my Japanese CD.  I really need to hear the whole thing again.

Here is more or less the whole album on YouTube.  Probably my favourite album from 1998.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Neko Case's last album "Hell-On" available at NPR's Fist Listen

_images_uploads_album_nekocasehellon_hir

Unholy carp.  There's some really painful lyrics to listen to in there:  "Baby, I'm afraid But it's not your fault Maybe I should go Home alone tonight"

I think I've been there.  Not sure I understand the rest of the lyrics in that song, but damn, that one just made me double-take.

That Liz Vice album is pretty great, and probably more my thing these days.  As much as I like synthpop, the Prass album is a little too pop for me.

2 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

New All India Radio!  mostly instrumental laid back space rock with a strong Pink Floyd influence

https://allindiaradio.bandcamp.com/album/s-p-a-c-e

We must be receiving the same newsletter :D, I've finished listening to it a few minutes ago. Pretty enjoyable and PF influenced.

I'm posting the cover, they (AIR) claim it was offered to PF for the Dark Side of the Moon, but they rejected because they wanted to distance themselves from the space theme.

a1055644272_10.jpg

• Like 2