MacBook Pro Advice

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

thunderbolt is great and all. but i cant find anything besides that pegasus raid array they have on the website that natively supports thunderbolt...

That's because it is brand new and the peripherals are not announced yet. Intel is having a press conference on this today. LaCie and Promise are committed to various products, and you can be damn sure that Apple's displays are going to have Thunderbolt connectors very soon, etc., etc., etc.

Edited by Voltron

That's because it is brand new and the peripherals are not announced yet. Intel is having a press conference on this today. LaCie and Promise are committed to various products, and you can be damn sure that Apple's displays are going to have Thunderbolt connectors very soon, etc., etc., etc.

Plus, that shit is called "THUNDERBOLT"! How can it not be awesome?

We'll see Al, I wouldn't be that enthusiastic about it. Some external HDD manufacturers have recently released USB 3.0 drives but nothing about Thunderbolt. I wish you're right, it looks a better interface, but USB's universality is a factor.

It's backwards compatible and even uses adapters to FW, USB, and other connectors. The first 500GB SSD by LaCie already looks badass:

Little Big Drive Thunderbolt

Plus, that shit is called "THUNDERBOLT"! How can it not be awesome?

:headcase::wub:

Ian, you had better check out the new models because Thunderbolt tech is teh futah!

My link

Yeah, once my tax return comes in (provided we're able to avoid this whole pesky government shutdown looming over everyone's heads), it's definitely the route I'm headed.

I was worried about some of the rumors (Air-like form favor, no optical drive), but it looks like a hell of machine. I'm glad I waited. It looks like the 2.3 GHz i5 will be more than sufficient.

New macbook pro benchmarks

The performance of the new MacBook Pros is amazing. The slowest MacBook Pro performs on par with the fastest previous-generation MacBook Pro, and the fastest MacBook Pro is 80% faster than the fastest previous-generation MacBook Pro.

Thunderbolt demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kidmWiqKzqY

Nice improvement, now that my toshiba died( no more plastic shit) I'm going to buy my first macbook but still not sure if the air or the 13' pro.

Edited by Spychedelic Whale

• 2 weeks later...