Advice Wanted - Mini/Micro Desktop Monitors

n_maher

So I built the Jonokuchi for my office and it's working quite well. It's a very respectable headphone amp and currently I have it driving a small pair of JVC speakers that came from a defunct mini system. But as always, I want MOAR! But there's a counterproductive requirement, which is that they have to be small, really small. The JVC's are about 4" wide, 5" tall and maybe 8" deep. My space can support something slightly larger with width only being able to be pushed about 1" larger, depth is more flexible but probably doesn't need to be.

Being the non-speaker expert that I am I figured I'd ask the masses here and see what suggestions folks could come up with. About all I've been able to manage is something on the order of the Boston Acoustics Micro 120x's or Gallo Micros.

Hey Nate,

I gotta pair of Qinpu MG-2 speakers from Fang as a bonus when I bought my pair of Jades from him. I have to confess that I've only peeked at them so I have NO idea what they sound like. I've been cleaning out my house and I'd be happy to give them to you for the cost of shipping.

Here's the linky;

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=44

If you're interested just PM me.

Not sure what sort of speakers you're looking for (active or passive), but I have a pair of satellites (in black) from my former old Cambridge Soundworks PC Works system if you want 'em for the cost of shipping. Dimensions are ~3" on all sides, here's a pic: http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005Z28H.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (I have the mini "stands" too btw.)

I'd offer the subwoofer unit too but one of the channels blew out on it (which is why I stopped using it).

Edited by Asr

Good stuff Nate! Hope it works well.

If you still are interested in the Focal's, touch base with the guys at Fidelis in Derry (Walter (owner) and Bill), I think they used to carry that Sib/Cub (?) sub/sat system....since they moved from Salem to Derry, though, I'm not sure they still do. But might be worth a query....