KGSSHV, Balanced Dynahi Rev A and DynaFET board run

Lil Knight

if you are going to order from future electronic, i wonder if you can help us out by ordering some 4171g insulators from them as well? shipping cost is a bit high from future electronic for individual buy.

i can get the 4170g insulator from mouser but they are over 60cent per piece vs the 20 cents 4171g ones from future

i need 100 of those 4171g.

if you are going to order from future electronic, i wonder if you can help us out by ordering some 4171g insulators from them as well? shipping cost is a bit high from future electronic for individual buy.

i can get the 4170g insulator from mouser but they are over 60cent per piece vs the 20 cents 4171g ones from future

i need 100 of those 4171g.

maybe, but the issue there is shipping, for two reasons, weight and fragility. If you feel okay putting those in a padded envelope, then I might be willing to help.

maybe, but the issue there is shipping, for two reasons, weight and fragility. If you feel okay putting those in a padded envelope, then I might be willing to help.

yeah, i will take the risk for that, can you please order 100 of those 4171g for me as well? many thanks for that.

Shipped a couple of packages today, I will send the invoice including shipping cost and pic of shipping slip.

Birgir's package got stuck for a day because my local PO couldn't find Iceland's country code (wtf indeed). Should be able to solve this tomorrow.

I'm trying to source for packing material so it might take some days to ship, hope you guys don't mind that. I just ship the boards basing on the boxes I have on hands.

If anyone could do direct bank transfer, please let me, really want to get rid of Paypal business. So much hassle.

I was just looking at the BOM for the KGSSHV power supply. The bridge diodes you have listed in the BOM (511-STTH1512W) look like they are too big. I looked up the part number on Mouser. I think you need TO-220, not TO-247.

I haven't gone in great detail yet, but I just happened to notice this.

Thanks for pulling this all together. :)

I was just looking at the BOM for the KGSSHV power supply. The bridge diodes you have listed in the BOM (511-STTH1512W) look like they are too big. I looked up the part number on Mouser. I think you need TO-220, not TO-247.

I haven't gone in great detail yet, but I just happened to notice this.

Thanks for pulling this all together. smile.png

Mouser doesnt carry the TO-220 parts with the same electrical specifications.

In my KGSSHV I used the TO-247 ones that Lil Knight specified, but I dont recommend it to anyone else

because I had to do a lot of rework to the terminals to make them fit the pcb footprint.

(bending and trimming the leg width with a dremel tool.) And yes, they are too big.

There was an earlier discussion about this in the KGSSHV thread.

I believe that Luvdunhill and KG concurred that a similar part with a lower

continuous current (<15A) could be used (as low as 8A ?? - I would shoot for at least 10 to 12 A),

but they must be a fast recovery type with the 1200 volt reverse voltage withstanding spec.

I'm sure that some of the other major suppliers will have these in stock.

Edited by livewire

How important is the forward voltage drop? I am guessing not too important since these are just rectifier diodes. STmicro makes an 8 amp one in TO220 packaging: http://www.mouser.co...vKRkUrKFUiXk%3d

Fairchild makes this one: http://www.mouser.co...oEsfgWd1k1R8%3d 15 amp but forward voltage drop of 3.2V instead of 2.2V

IXYS also makes one http://www.mouser.co...PcBtS1NgYoiU%3d with 2.75V forward drop

Edited by cobra_kai

Ouch! Indeed... Thanks for the check. smile.png

I made the BOM editable now so please help me add the correct parts' numbers.

Edited by Lil Knight

^ Sorry about that, Greg :( 1000v diodes should work fine.

deepak will help me distribute the T2 boards in the US, so Deadneddz, n3rdling, livewire, inu, cobra_kai, bada bing, Milosz and justin will be in that group. Also he will include KG, digger, blubliss, Kerry, El_doug, horio and morphsci too. Just want to let everyone know in advance. Sorry about this but the T2 takes damn a lot of time to pack and I might not have enough material. Just want to move the boards out as fast as possible.

For the other in the US, Driftwood will be another distributor. Anyone in the US can give him a hand, please let me know.

QUOTE: "Is the 1200V rating a must?"

KG would have to chime in on that one.

The search function isnt working or I would reference what he said previously in the other thread.

Look on the bright side, if returning them is a hassle, they ARE useable, they WILL fit.

Just need a few hours of careful, patient rework. That is, if you are good with that kind of thing.

Why are you selling your SR-507's?

Edited by livewire

If anyone wants to do me a favor and link to some place that sells bubble envelopes big enough for the T2 amp board (plus thick enough for the PSU board, and other boards and cardboard inserts) that would be great tongue.png (it will be so much cheaper than having the UPS store pack them)

If anyone wants to do me a favor and link to some place that sells bubble envelopes big enough for the T2 amp board (plus thick enough for the PSU board, and other boards and cardboard inserts) that would be great tongue.png (it will be so much cheaper than having the UPS store pack them)

There's always mcmaster... http://www.mcmaster.com/#1922T27

Also some antistatic ones http://www.mcmaster.com/#1922T46

They have quite a large selection - try searching 'bubble bags' and 'anti static bags'

No worries Tran, I think I might be able to use these on a couple of stereo amps I have been working on. So its not a total loss.

Why are you selling your SR-507's?

I ended up finding a nice pair of used Omega 2's, and I couldn't justify having both at the moment. Maybe down the road I can, or maybe I'll get a pair of 009's to go with my O2's... smile.png

There's always mcmaster... http://www.mcmaster.com/#1922T27

Also some antistatic ones http://www.mcmaster.com/#1922T46

They have quite a large selection - try searching 'bubble bags' and 'anti static bags'

Thanks someone else pointed me to McMaster-Carr. I believe KG used bubble wrap envelopes with cardboard inserts to send the original T2 boards out

No worries Tran, I think I might be able to use these on a couple of stereo amps I have been working on. So its not a total loss.

I ended up finding a nice pair of used Omega 2's, and I couldn't justify having both at the moment. Maybe down the road I can, or maybe I'll get a pair of 009's to go with my O2's... smile.png

Good to hear that. :) The 009's demand the T2 and vice versa :D

A big and heavy box should be off to Deepak later today. Packaging the stuffs now...