HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012

Absorbine_Sr

So, getting on the ball here.

Questions: What dates are the people wanting to hit the race interested in? I'd use this to put forth dates to the group.

Once we have this nailed down, I figured accommodations are next. I see the following categories of attendance and accommodations

- Interested in a place to sleep, must have private room that sleeps X (where if X > 2 mad props), willing to pay a few bucks for such an arrangement

- Above, but not willing to pay or are flexible on private part

- Interested in a floor/couch/public area and have a few bucks handy to throw in the pot

- Above, but not willing to pay

- Wanting third-party accommodations

I'd say any money raised would go to "scholarships" to increase attendance, or whatever the group decides. So, dates! then I'll go from there.

I'll put myself in this category...

- Interested in a floor/couch/public area and have a few bucks handy to throw in the pot.

I can also sleep in my car, but I'd rather throw my money into the pot, and I don't wanna hassle with finding a room.

Marc, I am coming but not going to the race. I don't sleep on couches and floors anymore so probably a room for 1 - I could chip in (not sure if hubby will be interested) - or I can stay in a hotel if there is something nearby.

Edited by shellylh

So F1 people, it's mid-season. Who do you think will win the driver's championship and why?

Me? My emotional choice is Alonso. Is there a better driver out there when it comes to wringing the most out of a mediocre car? I think not. I think this season has shown that when Vettel has to actually race people, he's not as good as when he leads from the start. But if I have to be a realist, then I have to pick Hamilton for the championship. He is so much more mature this year than in the past. I almost hope he goes elsewhere for next year but still wins the championship for McLaren. Kind of a "stuff that in your pipe and smoke it" kinda moment.

So Mikey, Jeff, Ironbut, Mike Baker and others, what do you think?

I am with you Sr.. I am a fan of Alonso and at the same time I think he is a great driver. To be where he is, when he really did not have a car for the first 4-5 races, shows how much he can get out of the car given, and how much of a racer he is on Sunday. He drives with passion as in the Championship years...

CWU7u.jpg?1

I hope for not too many tactical errors for the second half ... I wish Button was in the fight as much as Hamilton, because I root for Jenson any time he gets a chance. Hamilton is just so fast sometimes.. More mature as you say for sure. I would not mind a Webber win - but I just don't think he has it at the sharp end of the season. I think that Kimi is an incredible driver - to step back in the car after years of rally - and push as hard as he is, just incredible, I just wish he was not such a dud to talk to (oh well).

I think that Red Bull will have the manufactures, Massa is giving very little to the team for points. But I would not look forward to Seb win again.

Anyway - 30days - good thing the Olympics are on...

• 3 weeks later...