HC/F1 In Austin 11/18/2012

Absorbine_Sr

Indy offered everything they could, even adding a chicane last minute...it was entirely michelin's fault...they knew ahead of time about Indy's diamond ground track & they chose not to do the proper testing...

I wasn't fond of the track that was designed (I still think it needs elevation changes), but the whole disastrous six cars racing had nothing to do with Indy...I was at the race...

also, the Hulman-George family ain't hurting for money lol...it wasn't so much a financial issue as much as it was bernie trying to dick tony george around & tony not being in the position in which he needed to take any shit...the 500 & Brickyard both draw more people & money than any f1 race...they simply replaced it w/a motorcycle race...

I'm still an f1 fan, obviously...but I think it's safe to say after watching what happened with Korea, Silverstone, Bahrain etc etc that bernie isn't comfortable unless he's callin' all the shots...

• 2 weeks later...

So, I'm very excited and the opportunity to host something for HC. I am in the perfect location with respect to the track location and the airport, meaning that we will run into very little traffic en-route. Unfortunately, I'm not close to much else :) That being said, we just need to plan accordingly.

I have plenty of room and can easily house 20 or so people I'd think. All that I really require is convincing my wife that this is a good idea, whether that means a hotel for her and the kids, or a maid service afterwards :)

On thing that would be helpful to know, even though we're a while off from this would be how long would people consider staying? What's the event schedule look like?

I'd recommend at least one night downtown. Other options are Lockhart, the lake, brewery/distillery tours, etc.

Marc,

I'd be looking at arriving sometime Thursday with a departure of the Monday after the race, possibly Sunday night if need be. And because it is your generous offer making this possible, adjustments could be made in our schedule to make life easy for you. And I'll be happy to help financially or in any other way possible to make things cool for your family regarding this get-together. Just let me know how I can help.

Mike

• 1 month later...