KG Balanced Dynahi build discussion thread

Vortex

• 3 weeks later...

Not much experience with Molex, but I have used equivalent JSTs quite a bit (VH, XH, PH types etc.). With a bit of care then they are quite easy to solder (as long as you have something that can hold the connector) and a needle-nose plier is then all that is needed to shape the connector to fit in the housing. However, cripting is still a bit easier so on a trip to Japan last year I bought one of these. That will crimp most of these connectors without the need for a dedicated tool per type. Quality is quite good although I can't comment on how long it will last.

//UFN

I usually crimp with something similar to what UFN posted, shape with needle nose pliers, check the fit, then solder them. Once done, with the keyed housings, it is impossible to fuck up when plugging in. Of course if you use 3 pin for both power and signal or something else, you need to watch that or mark them somehow.

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I'm new to Dynahi and hope to learn a lot from here. My last amp built was the bottlehead crack with speedball add on. I've recently purchased a prepopulated balanced Dynahi board with 2 sigma22 power supply. It's never been powered on so I'm trying to find where is the reference of voltage check measurement for the board? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been reading the thread but couldn't find it. I might missed it.

the board I'm getting is from this design http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/boards/dynahibalbjt.PDF

Looking for a case Idea. What do you guys think putting the Dynahi Balanced in a well ventilated acrylic case? is it a bad idea? Looking for a budget way of making the case and acrylic seems to be the cheapest way since I know someone who has a laser cutter.