Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Voltron

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Voltron

  1. Good luck with your talks and your B&B evening, Marc!
  2. Marc, were you at Rickhouse the whole time? It is a good spot and owned by the same folks as B&B and Cask Store.
  3. Pliny the Elder.
  4. Happy orange birthday Stephen! Cheers!
  5. Happy birthday diebenkorn, from Wayne Thibeaud Cheers
  6. FiftyFifty Brewing Eclipse imperial stout aged on Rittenhouse Heaven Hill Rye casks.
  7. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    As someone who has fronted costs on numerous meets, this position is not reasonable. If you attend a meet in a space that costs money to rent, then you should definitely pitch in to the costs unless you simply cannot afford even $5 or whatever. The issue I have with CeeTee's plan, is that he seems to be collecting money for the room plus he is having a raffle. I am not sure what the raffle money is for, but when most people are looking to raise money for meets, they do one or the other. Collect money straight up if they do not have raffle items, or they collect all money through the raffle if vendors or members have donated raffle gear. If there is extra, then most people simply buy some food or drinks for the crowd, or in some instances like ChiUniFi they say that they will hold the money and use it in the next one. That seems ridiculous and fraught with problems to me, but whaterver. Renlute- You are good guy and do not exemplify the problems I and some others have with the bulk of the current membership on Head-Fi, and my comments at least were not intended to knock you or CeeTee for your interest and enthusiasm. I am not going to go into a long diatribe about the state of Head-Fi, but the fact that so few long-time members can be bothered to wade through all the drek and deal with stupid issues like concerns about hair nets and sanitary covers for headphones. I hope the meet is a great success and I am glad somebody has stepped up to take on the job of hosting.
  8. What she said!
  9. Smokestack Lightning imperial stout at Magnolia to complete my first dozen of strong beers (although I did have help).
  10. I have no idea but find it very odd that Ayre would lend its name to something sold by a different company.
  11. Voltron replied to Thaddy's topic in Music
    Tonight is Trombone Shorty with Los Amigos Invisibles at the Fillmore, and Monday night is The Decemberists at The Fox Theater.
  12. How were the Amer and the Brooklyn, Jim? Yesterday, I pretended I didn't have to work and could just drink away the afternoon with a former law partner. At "lunch" at 21st Amendment, I had the Lower de Boom barleywine, the Lord & Master strong English blond, and half a 21 Rock triple IPA. After walking back to the office and "working" a bit, I stopped in at Magnolia to complete one of my Strong Beer Month tickets. I started with a Pride of Branthill strong bitter and a Tweezer Tripel, only to discover that there was one more beer to go on that ticket. Wisely, I chose to wait for another day, because 4.5 strong beers was more than enough for one afternoon/evening. I just may have to stop off today for that last one, though.
  13. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    It might make me a post count snob, but not a post count whore.
  14. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Yeah, that's what my garbled "example" was supposed to mean, but you said it a lot clearer.
  15. Wait for June, impatient monkey.
  16. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    I just looked at the first post in that thread this week and was blown away. It is either an example of the right thing to do for Head-Fi today or proof of his severe OCD, or both.
  17. Probably changed because it was an obvious and idiotic trademark infringement.
  18. I was super close to getting the MBA twice this week but I am not traveling a lot until this summer so I am going to wait and see if this refresh really happens. 11 incher is definitely the move.
  19. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    He is sticking his neck out pretty far because he now has three rooms rented. I would guess that is about $1200 so he wants to make sure to get his nut covered.
  20. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    Yes, but he had to take that down. Now, for some reason, he is asking people to contribute to the room *and* to put money into a raffle. Those are really supposed to be one and the same in my book.
  21. Congrat Manuel! Ride safe. I bought these two on Wednesday:
  22. Voltron replied to Asr's topic in Meets
    And how many of them have mire than 10 posts in other threads on HF? I will be in Tahoe that weekend anyway, but the attendee list is an indictment of what is wrong with HF today.
  23. Voltron replied to justin's topic in Meets
    When those places say "sleeps 17" they mean there are beds for 17, not room on the floor for 17 Aerobeds. I could fit 57 people into a place like that!
  24. Voltron replied to justin's topic in Meets
    You had better lay in a supply of the most appropriate beers possible for this event:
  25. I guess I'll have to ask Duggeh if it was Cynar he mentioned and the accent turned it into Chinato in my brain.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.