Everything posted by Voltron
- Fuck in snow
-
Audeze LCD-2
Sorry to hear about your dad, Bob, and don't worry about your posts here. I think your take on freedom of expression are quite correct. Hope you dad feels himself soon.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Sting -- If On A Winter's Night
-
What did you do today?
Damn, Stretch. You can even fuck up a snow day! Sorry to hear the kids aren't feeling well. I really need a snow day right now myself but I have shit tons of work to do. Speaking of which, I better log off . . .
-
Fuck in snow
I forgot about this thread and I actually had something to post about this week! It snowed in the Bay Area on Sunday night and it was more than our already very occasional dusting of a few flakes. Here is a link to a stupid website called "Claycord" which is a combo of Clayton (where my brother lives) and our home town Concord (as well as Dave Brubeck's) that has some photos of the snow. My brother's house is pictured in several of the photos in Slide Show #1, as if you cared. Anyway, it was very cool the last couple of days to look out the window of my office in SF and see the snow on Mt. Diablo, which is the namesake of my high school. Still glad I don't have to shovel anything or fight through lame snow drivers, of course.
-
The Live Music Thread
Great story, Posty, thanks for sharing. Glad to know my stats guess was right. I know a lot of Deadheads and taper nuts and the like, and of course saw them and Jerry solo a few times. Never got into them. Just to name drop a little, I knew Brent Mydland a little bit because he was a good friend of the older brother of one of my best friends in high school (and still). Brent was a very cool guy, very mellow and down to earth. He gave my buddy an electric piano that he had used on tours for the band we had then (I was the manager ) and I thought that was pretty cool of the Dead's keyboard player to do. Anyway, on the other theme of your post, both Brent and my buddy's older brother are dead now because of heroin. Glad you and Trey are both sober. But watch out with that last comment, you were starting to sound like ronnielee54 and his Floyd '77 comment!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Vince Guaraldi -- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- Canjam 2010.
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
Apple juice. Do you have apple juice? I like haiku.
-
Ipod Touch / Iphone
Got it, thanks Stretch.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Dexateens -- Singlewide
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Neko Case -- Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
-
Pico Slim Pre-Order
You mean nobody over there has asked yet?
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
I am so sorry you were not able to follow my meaning, Dusty. As it turns out, both constructions are accurate. And, yes, I was mocking the way Dom pronounced Norah Jones, although I probably wouldn't have done so if I knew the 8th Tallest Mexican in the World was filming me.
-
The Live Music Thread
I was yanking your chain, Posty, but I honestly do not get their music much. To imagine being sober for those shows is even harder to figure. I am sure that the scene and the energy have a euphoric effect of their own, at least from the second-hand smoke and what-not. What is the statistics element, btw? I gotta agree with you wholeheartedly that there are great and epic concerts all the time. Nice to have some historical high points, but there are plenty of shows that "matter" if you look for them.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar -- One Fast Move or I'm Gone: Kerouac's Big Sur
-
Florida Again. Dec 5th 09.
Why was my goddamn tshirt tucked in. Dom didn't tell me I looked like a douche until about 3am.
-
slow forum
Just how many times do you need to see somebody putting a gun on that thing to get how it works?
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Them Crooked Vultures
-
What did you do today?
Grados and beer are good cheering up vehicles. I missed hearing HP1000 on Screaming Oranges's rig last weekend but people said that they really sounded great with the P1. I'll trade you some other cans for a test drive if you want to swap sometime.
-
Deals
To be honest, I am not certain about the black olives on the newer UE phones, so maybe you should look for a better answer. On the other hand, why not get the Comply tips because Comply actually invented that tech and they make them specifically for UE in several sizes depending on ear canal size?
-
my next machine planning, help and advice wanted!
And I don't care.
-
my next machine planning, help and advice wanted!
No, I just don't like TheCunt_Shadow. I'm sure we called your bar, unless there is more than one Touch of Class Lounge in Chicago with "Billy the Bartender" discussed in the Yelp reviews.
-
JH Audio stuffs
True, this guy could have Shelley's in his ears in that pic and you could never tell.
-
my next machine planning, help and advice wanted!
Shut up.