Everything posted by Voltron
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Bela Fleck, Zakhir Hussein, Edgar Meyer -- The Melody of Rhythm
-
Amarra "Mini" -- $395
You're just hearing iTunes because Amarra doesn't go through the Built-In Output. I don't think it stops the meters from jumping, etc, but the Amarra audio output will not route through there.
-
Amarra "Mini" -- $395
Amarra does not work with the optical output of a Mac, and will not.
-
Amarra "Mini" -- $395
No charge is my understanding and experience so far.
-
Amarra "Mini" -- $395
What does "local storage" mean? I have seen it used with NAS drives and Computer Audiophile talks about using NAS and Drobo and such. Also, ALAC support is supposed to be in the next revision.
-
the NEW Zana Deux, ZDT and Balancing Act thread
Cool Dan! Is that smaller box on the left the one that holds the wall warts? I hope to hear it soon, as we have discussed.
-
Happy Birthday Postjack!
It's your birthday, so go Posty! Cheers!
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Sting - Brand New Day Portico Quartet - Black and White Sessions Prefab Sprout - Steve McQueen All with SR-Omega from the 007t. Good little combo.
-
Funky German Headphone Stand.
I'm serious with my question about how to order. I cannot figure it out from randomly clicking on links. Any German speakers who can tell me if there is an ordering page?
-
Funky German Headphone Stand.
How does one order them?
- Speaker Porn
-
Post the last thing you bought!
Damn, Apple is fast. I order iLife along with the Snow Leopard pre-order and the iLife arrived today even with free shipping.
-
Funky German Headphone Stand.
Thanks Stretch. As a total sucker for bent ply, I think I need a couple of those in walnut.
-
What are you listening to Part Two
Imogen Heap -- Ellipse First listen. Nice.
-
New Zune HD
So, are you just going to post in every active thread so you seem like you are part of the community in order to get your sale threads unlocked?
-
slow forum
At least Madonna still looks manly.
-
Blue Hawaii Special Edition
That is damn funny.
-
Blue Hawaii Special Edition
- WA5 or ECBA
These are two of the best choices available for what you want to do, but you should also add the TTVJ 307A amp to the mix. The key is that all three are great across the spectrum of headphones you might ever want to use: low impedance, hi impedance, and K1000. From my personal preferences, the 307A is at the top, with the BA being a very close second, and the WA5 third but still a great amp. I think the WA5 with Western Electric 300Bs is a great sounding amp, and I prefer (from audio memory at least) the sound of that setup over the sound from those new Shungang Treasure tubes that were in the WA5 at CanJam. The level of detail, clarity and presentation are all great for a single-ended tube amplifier. It does not drive the K1000 as well as my Moth 300B with the same tubes, but that is a speaker amp only which is best for them, imo. On balance, the way I (and others) have seen the WA5 is that it is a Swiss Army Knife of amps and does everything very well, but nothing the absolute best available. The 307A and BA both add in balanced drive and suitability for pretty much all cans. The 307A is probably slightly drier and more transparent, while the BA has a slightly warmer and full-bodied sound. Both are very transparent to the source, and neither of them crosses the line into too cold or too warm to my ears, but there is a definite difference in sound signature. If I were pressed, I would say the 307A is more neutral and can give you an even truer representation of the source. The 307A adds a gain selector that goes right down to IEM levels and I think that it actually succeeds even at that level. Both of them drive the K1000s well and easily, both of them sound great with the HD800s from short listening at CanJam (307A) and our recent meet (BA). The last time I heard these two side-by-side was when the BA was in a prior prototype iteration, and I have been wanting to recreate that comparison sometime. The BA came in second then, but hearing it at CanJam and Burlingame its final production version is way better and it would be a harder decision.- What are you listening to Part Two
What, no QE2?- What are you listening to Part Two
I seem to have started something.- Anyone know anything about reel to reel?
I was organizing my records and came across this one on Saturday: I thought you would be proud of me for owning it, Duggeh. Not really on topic, but it is analog, at least.- Post the last thing you bought!
Smelling flowers is awful sensitive for a pup who is brave as a bear! Cute dog. What breed(s)?- What did you do today?
After seeing Ian's post I checked for Neko's tour schedule in this area, and was happy to see that she is playing at the FREE Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival. This year's line-up is definitely the best evar: Elvis Perkins in Dearland, Todd Snider, Steve Earle & the Bluegrass Dukes, Natalie MacMaster, Malo, Dr. Magpie, Amadou & Mariam, Reckless Kelly, Red Wine, Rodney Crowell, Guy Clark & Verlon Thompson, MC Hammer, ODC/Dance, The Duhks, Hayes Carll, Roger Knox presents the Aboriginal Country & Western Songbook, Little Feat, The Brothers Comatose, Great American Taxi, Doc Watson & David Holt, Old Crow Medicine Show, Earl Scruggs, John Prine, Pamela Rose with Wild Women (and other friends), Darrell Scott Band, Dr. Dog, Elizabeth Cook, Fireants, Marianne Faithfull, Billy Bragg, The Chieftains, Aimee Mann, Lyle Lovett & His Large Band, Boz Scaggs and the Blue Velvet Band, The Flatlanders featuring: Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore & Butch Hancock, Barefoot Nellies, The Claire Lynch Band, Allen Toussaint, Rosie Flores with Jon Langford and the Pine Valley Cosmonauts, Dave Alvin & the Guilty Women, Poor Man's Whiskey, Abalone Dots, Billy Joe Shaver, Eliza Gilkyson, Dry Branch Fire Squad, The Wronglers, Steve Martin with the Steep Canyon Rangers, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Old 97's, Jessica Lea Mayfield, Kimmie Rhodes, Richie Havens, Jorma Kaukonen, Neko Case, Booker T. & the Drive-By Truckers, Okkervil River, Austin Lounge Lizards, Ralph Stanley & the Clinch Mountain Boys, Kevin Welch, Kieran Kane & Fats Kaplin, Mike Farris & the Roseland Rhythm Revue, Marshall Crenshaw, The Tim O'Brien Band, Buddy Miller, Hazel Dickens, Gillian Welch, World Party, Marty Stuart, Songwriter Circle w/ Tom Morello, Dar Williams, Steve Earle & Allison Moorer, Marley's Ghost w/ special guest Cowboy Jack Clement, The Del McCoury Band, The Knitters, Galactic, Emmylou Harris, Moonalice, Robert Earl Keen, Mavis Staples, Nick Lowe, Laurie Lewis & the Right Hands, Robyn Hitchcock- Post the last thing you bought!
Ditto, plus iLife '09. - WA5 or ECBA
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.