Tool Recommendations Thread

The Monkey

I'm looking for some new hex keys/allen wrenches. I have the typical cheap set and assorted ones that came with furniture, but those suck because they tend to corrode or get stripped by tight screws. I need a set that is well-made and has more torque than the typical L-shaped keys. I know Klein makes sets, but they can get pricey. Any recommendations?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite Allen wrench set is made by Husky (Home Depot). They will replace any broken wrench in store, no questions asked, just like Craftsman.

The piece to the right is a handle for more torque, and also slips inside both sets of wrenches for a nice hanger.

I've had my set for better than 10 years now.

Husky 13 Pc. SAE & 13 Pc. Metric Combo Flat-End Hex Wrench System - 12206 at The Home Depot

They do have an identicle ball end set as well.

Edited by swt61

Gotta do the ball end. I have some Bondhus and they are great, but a little pricey. I ran across some Stanley (both in metric and SAE) some time ago in an Ace Hardware (I think, but can't quite remember) and they are pretty much as nice. These are standard ball allen sets in the plastic carrier thing with long "L" handles.

My favorite Allen wrench set is made by Husky (Home Depot). They will replace any broken wrench in store, no questions asked, just like Craftsman.

The piece to the right is a handle for more torque, and also slips inside both sets of wrenches for a nice hanger.

I've had my set for better than 10 years now.

Husky 13 Pc. SAE & 13 Pc. Metric Combo Flat-End Hex Wrench System - 12206 at The Home Depot

They do have an identicle ball end set as well.

I use the ballend set at work. Never had any problems with them. Highly recommended.

I was actually going to recommend a couple songs from 10,000 Days as great for cardio, but I see now that I have it all wrong again. :(

Recommendations anyway: Right In Two, and The Pot. You'll like them for running fast, Monkey Man.

Awesome, I was just coming back into this thread to post something to this effect, except without the clever running tie-in.