NYC Century Cycling meet! Sept 7th-9th

jp11801

Ok it's a bit of a long-shot but it looks like Mike and I are planning to hit the NYC century ride Sept 9th. I'm not doing the 100 mile ride but there are options for all levels 15-100 miles. I'll likely choose the 55 or 75 mile option,

6000 cyclists ride the event and this year there is a bike an bites feature that have many NYC restaurants participating. This is not a race per say but should be a lot of fun and burn enough calories to enjoy a few great beers and great meals. We could throw in a mini meet and maybe try and finagle a trip to OMA audio!

Here is the link to the NYC century ride site for any that are interested. Best part is you have 90 days to get into decent shape for either the 35, 55 or 75 mile option.

http://nyccentury.org/

I am interested (surprise surprise). If Amtrak was a little more bike friendly I'd be even more interested....

Edit: Seeing if my wife is interested in coming for a family weekend. I guess we could drive or Amtrak does appear to have checked bag options.

Edited by Dreadhead

I intend to try, but I have a long way to go.

Awesome Jeff!

So far Mike, Colin, Dinny (you've got 80 days to train), hopefully Jeff and maybe Raffy??

I'm in for the 55 mile ride but all routes are together for the first 15 miles.

I thought we were doing 75 miles?

I'm in as long as I can scrounge up the funds as well as the vacation time. 55 sounds about what I'm comfortable doing right now.

JP, I had a challenging time keeping up with you this past Sunday and I could see that you were even holding out and waiting for me at times already. Obviously, I still have quite a ways to go training wise.

If I go, still on the fence on renting a road bike or bringing mine. They have Trek Madone 1.5 rentalsw which I think aren't too bad but bringing my own bike is definitely more ideal. Any idea on the easiest/most economical way to ship bikes? I read somewhere Amtrak Express is a good way to ship bikes.