Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

Been looking hard at the Aristeus on HF. Also want a KGBHSE. Could I ask for some advice? Will it be a problem in the future to get tubes for the Aristeus? Also, I know that the Aristeus is best for the Senns. But the KGBHSE has to be world class with the Senns also, right? The other consideration is which amp is best with the ESP-950's. It seems that the output bias of the Aristeus is more closely matched to the ESP-950''s. Please don't tell me to fuck off. Thanks in advance for any help.

Been looking hard at the Aristeus on HF. Also want a KGBHSE. Could I ask for some advice? Will it be a problem in the future to get tubes for the Aristeus? Also, I know that the Aristeus is best for the Senns. But the KGBHSE has to be world class with the Senns also, right? The other consideration is which amp is best with the ESP-950's. It seems that the output bias of the Aristeus is more closely matched to the ESP-950''s.

12AX7's aren't going anywhere.

Bias on the Aristeus should be pro and HE90, so that would be 580 and 500. The 950's run at 600v I believe, though some claim they "open up" at 620-630. Running them at Pro bias is fine, though you'll need an adapter. a whole thread on them for your perusal.

The ECL86 stocks are dwindling but they still can be found. Sennheiser have dropped them as replacements for the HEV90 for the PCL86 which require rewiring of the amp boards. "Something" happened in 2005 which made them react like that... laugh.png

The HE90 doesn't really care for amps that are too honest. It is a highly flawed transducer engineered for a certain sound so I'd use the Aristaeus with it.