Blue Hawaii Special Edition

pabbi1

Because I'm a newbie I just wanted to make humourous my post. I am looking forward to receiving the BHSE but until that happens, I'm getting very good SQ from the combination I have now which is, Shure se535's + Pico Slim + K-01.

• 2 months later...

I've had the BHSE just over two weeks driving my 009's and I'm extremely happy with them both, especially with my source used being the K-01. I have learnt though that the volume has to be controlled, meaning some songs can be listened quite loud but others have to be listened to at low volume otherwise they're very uncomfortable. All in all I'm very happy with the BHSE in every way, it's build quality I put at least on par with my Esoteric K-01.

Dave.

P.S. I got to listen to the 007mk1's the other day driven by my BHSE along with my 009's and out of the two headphones I preferred the 009's. From headphones I do like detail and transparency to which imo the 009's will be hard to beat.

• 3 months later...

As well as me having the BHSE, I've also got on order the Aristaeus + GS-X to which I received an email from Justin last week asking what colour finish I wanted the front panel/knob, [ I've gone for Silver ] so hopefully I'll have them soon. I've ordered those two amps to give me a change. I've also just got the Senn HD600 to use with the GS-X, though until I receive that amp I'm driving the HD600 with my Pico Slim and I'm very happy with the SQ, the HD600 is also the most comfortable headphone I've ever worn.

P.S. I said I was very happy with the 009, but since then I've found there are some songs I listen to with them I'm finding uncomfortable. So after hearing about Sennheiser working on new electro headphones, I'm auditioning them when released and if I like one, I'll be getting it and letting my 009 go.

Sounds the same SE or balanced. Any difference will mostly be down to the source and how the output stage is configured/designed.

Thanks. I am seriously considering the Analog DAC from MSB. Although it has a balanced out, it is not a true balanced design. Knowing that the BHSE will do well with it gives me some much needed insight.

A lot of people use it single-endedly and perfectly happy with it.

Hopefully I will be one of those people in the not too distant future. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the rumoured release of the new Senn stats. Could someone tell me how the unreleased Senns sound with the Aristeus? :)

With me getting the Aristaeus and not being 100% happy with the 009's, when the new senn electro headphones come out I'm auctioning them with the BHSE and Aristaeus and if I'm happy with one, I'll be selling the 009's. I've just got the senn HD600's which at the moment I'm driving them with my Pico Slim and I'm very happy with the SQ from that combo. I'm hoping though that the new senn electro headphones look very similar to the HE-90's & HE-60's.

I've got and are getting the amps I've been after so I've no plans to get anymore, it's true I am clueless which is why I read about the audio equipment I'm thinking of getting before I buy it, I've had to read about Justin's amps because in the UK it's next to impossible to audition them. I was able to audition the source I have which is why I bought it. Like I said though in my previous post, I think this clueless cunt will just read other's posts rather than write the same useless shit.