HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

you need the campy cassette for the campy freehub, but the campy 11 speed is compatible with their 8-10 freehub, and it's compatible with shimano and sram 11 speed derailleurs.

Got it. It's the cross-cassette to cross-RD compatibility that just happened but the cassettes still need their respective freehubs.

Justin are your proportions close to normal? If so that frame will be WAY to small for you. Looking at the specs what jumps out is the t.t. length, b.b. drop, and s.t. angle. I'm 5ft9in and ammy the 2 frames I'm on most of the time have 56 and 56.5 t.t. lengths combined with 110 and 100 stems.

Justin are your proportions close to normal? If so that frame will be WAY to small for you. Looking at the specs what jumps out is the t.t. length, b.b. drop, and s.t. angle. I'm 5ft9in and ammy the 2 frames I'm on most of the time have 56 and 56.5 t.t. lengths combined with 110 and 100 stems.

pretty close to normal.  inseam may be slightly less than average for my height.

g02L8JB.jpg

picked it up on tuesday, havent had a chance to ride yet. i did set the saddle height and have left the factory assortment of spacers in place for now

• Like 2

If you've already been fit to the bike I would ride it for a little while and then think about removing some of the spacers on the steerer.  Right now it appears to be setup for little to no drop which isn't an issue from where I sit but as you get more comfortable on it you might want a little more aggressive position.  Otherwise I'm with Gene, me likey.

I don't want it to fit too well tomorrow as I do not want to lose my Strava positions on those climbs. My legs are currently dead after a leg workout so I am wondering if I can even make it up that one hill. I might even have to use the little ring.

Edited by VPI
  • Like 1

It turns out I do have Universal Sports after all. They have Bikenado going on this month and tons of racing and bike shows. I have been watching Take a Seat: Sharing a Bike Ride Across America. Really good show about a guy on a tandem riding across the country with different special needs people. Seems like a pretty awesome concept as the guest riders seem to love the experience.

I think I can get most of the bike built myself, but I'm not very good at adjusting the derailleurs or setting up the cables so I'm playing it safe and having the shop do it. :)

What cassette do you prefer Jeff? I'm running 11-28 and it seems alright.

Edited by Nebby