HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

That Crosstail hybrid could use a new tire and a better saddle so figure another $100.

And then another hundred for accessories....

FWIW There is a used Kona Jake the Snake (CX bike) that is listed as well.  

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/3601485665.html

Different does not begin to describe the color scheme. >:D

I think at that price I would go with a new '12 GTR series 4 instead.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/gt/gtr_series4_xii.htm

Edited by Mister X

I think there should be plenty of decent road bikes with older or lower end group sets available in your price range.  I would probably like a Cyclocross like that Jake the Snake if I was buying only one bike, to give me some flexibility.

• Like 1

Catching up here.  I've been fighting a bug going around the office, plus getting some household things done.  I've been doing Computrainer stuff twice a week now for a bit, with 90% of that being not much more than spinning while working on form and pedal technique, which is good for me anyway, since I'm...er....not efficient.  What's weird is that my good leg is worse, as far as that goes, than my bad leg.  I'm happy to report that one thing has improved from when I first started out last year.  I hadn't done high cadence drills in a year, and basically couldn't do them before as I was hopping around on my saddle like a rabbit when I got things anywhere above 95.  I've been working on my core pretty heavily, and what a difference.  I now able to maintain 115 plus for two-min. interval repeats without rocking.  I still can't do anything that requires me putting much pressure on my foot, but things are improving.  If I feel better tomorrow, and it's not raining, I am going out for a ride.  It's been about a month.

• Like 1

Justin: Check this out.  I'm actually driving by there today, and I could stop in and see what's up for you, if interested.

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/bik/3619085273.html

**BRENT**

Edit: Bah!  Why do bike shops close on Saturdays?  Still, it's about 25 miles away, your size, and a phone call isn't a big deal.  I've dealt with the owner of that shop before, and he's a good guy, I wouldn't mind getting up to that shop to check it out.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon

Cold as hell tomorrow but I am going riding. I have not gotten out on the road in 3 weeks. Sub-freezing so I will be on the Giant. Not going to risk the Calfee.

Monday should be more enjoyable. Or at least the weather.

I picked up the mtb and the dropper post is very cool. Will need to try it out soonish.

• Like 1

Karma paid me back for leaving my pregnant wife to take care of our son on our anniversary: Freezing fricking cold. My tubular wheel flatted. I attempted to use Fast Air to fix it but did that wrong and made a mess. Topped it up with CO2 and rode home because I wasn't sure if I got any sealant in and if it would hold. Did the sealant again at home and made more mess. At least it seems to be holding.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes better.

Edited by Dreadhead