HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

I run tire liners in my Gatorskins during the winter when I don't want to deal with flats and there is salt on the roads. During the summer I've never had a problem with them.

Here's hoping we can sort out some road riding trip sometime. Denver? The flights there are a breeze. The riding in San Diego was great the time I took my bike.

Upgraded my stem from a 75mm to a 90mm Deda. Also got Stealth Black Elite cages and Elite Hygiene bottles. I think it made a big difference aesthetically over my previous mismatched El Cheapo cages.

IMG_9569_zps06a23152.jpg

IMG_9542_zps70acf010.jpg

IMG_9541_zps40be07d5.jpg

Edited by raffy

Last I heard any serious talk it was about North Carolina for a Road Bike meet and Georgia, I think, for a mountain bike meet.

Another possibility is a trip to Asheville and some of us can road bike and others can mtb.

Calfee looks sick as does your bike, Raffy.

Another possibility is a trip to Asheville and some of us can road bike and others can mtb.

Thanks Mike, it's mainly because of the Enve's I bought from you. I really love the way these look, forget about if they really work or not :P

Sounds good.  Asheville is a fun little town.

I am going to ride in the morning.  Should be around 34ish.  Is that about your temp Vicki?

Edited by VPI

2013 - ride #1 - a bit brisk out, but the roads were decently clean with only a few puddles from snow melt.  Of course now that I'm back the sun is out and it's getting warmer.  If daytime temps start regularly flirting with 50 I can start riding to work again. 

149016693.jpg

i'm going to use my extra day in Texas to look at mountain bikes in some of the country's flattest land because more stores sell them here than in the Appalachians of central virginia

Wow that's surprising, I guess it's not popular in VA?

Raffy love the enhanced look, I did 38 today with a stiff wind out of the NW. Much better fighting the wind for the first 19 miles rather than the back 19.

Yes, we should have done that last week. Everytime we head south fighting the winds on A1A has always been a nightmare especially for me. I remember that Ronald McDonald charity ride where we all got killed on the way back. I think I am officially allergic to winds.

If my head cold clears up (I'm on the tail end), I'm heading out tomorrow, 34 degrees  or not.  Physical therapy is definitely helping my ankle joint loosen up, though the surrounding tendons, which haven't been used as much as they should have been aren't liking me much, but that should be okay on the bike.  Hoping to get 20 miles in, even if I take a breakfast break....okay, I just want to take a breakfast break; I admit it.  

• Like 1

MT 650

mt650-1.jpg

MT 29

mt29-1.jpg

Peloton

peloton-1.jpg

Breakaway

breakaway-1.jpg

Viale

viale-1.jpg

http://www.lynskeyperformance.com/silver/

A new budget line of bikes from a local (to me) bike maker.  The Lynskey family is the one who started Litespeed back in the day, and the shop is 2 miles from my place.

1099$ for ti frames.  2500$ for a full XT build for a 650b or 29er hardtail, and 2200$ for a full (I think) 105 equipped road bike.

There seems to be a bit of buzz around this right now, and I'm very interested to check them out.  It's not something I could get into right now, but in a year or two?  Who knows.

**BRENT**

Edited by MexicanDragon