HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

Gene, I have an old college friend/current riding buddy who has been looking for a 52 Calfee. He is definitely interested if the offer extends to "friends of the family."

He was going to go for the one Vicki got, had she not. If you're game and no one else wants it, let me know.

**BRENT**

Brent ... just to be clear, this is not my bike nor my cl listing.  I just saw it, and thought it was such a good deal that I should pass it on.

I will be happy to go look at the bike (it's just 10 miles from me), and act as middle person for the deal.  If your friend is serious, and you will vouch for him, I can front some $$$ to hold the bike.  Bike is in Venice, FL - how would he get it?

Gene, that was my understanding.

PM sent.

**BRENT**

EDIT: To be clear, if any HCer fits then awesome! If not, I just know that this is perfect for an old friend who has been looking for virtually this exact bike. He will take it if no one else does, if that works for Gene.

Edited by MexicanDragon

The 52 cm Calfee has been bought for Brent's friend, Gabe.  Great transaction all around, and bike is currently at my lbs being packed for shipment to TN.

Owner was 75 year old gent who is retired sheriff of Williams County, Ohio.  Bike was his wife's who has a brand new top of line Trek.  They are knowledgable riders, and he knows his bikes.  Honest and trustworthy, so I felt comfortable being in the middle of the transaction.  After closing the deal, Denver (his name) said, "oh, I have another like new Calfee that I probably need to sell".  My ears perked up, and he pointed to a gorgeous, black 59 cm beauty on a wall rack.  Custom built for him in 2005 (it's a 2004 model), but hardly used, because Denver had massive coronary about the time he took delivery.  His serious bike riding days were over, but he hasn't had the heart to let it go.  Until now.  I have pics if anyone is interested.  It truly is as new, and has all top drawer components.  I took pictures, and will be happy to help anyone who may be interested.

Info from owner:

Dimensions on my bike 2004 Calfee Tetra Custom are as follows:

1) Seat post 59cm/73 degrees
2)Toptube 59cm
3) Headtube length 19cm/74 degree angle
4) Fork Alpha Q Straight Blade 1 1/8th carbon steered
5) Chris Kingblack headset.

Absolutely in excellent condition.

If Nate's not interested I might be.  Depends on price.

Nate definitely has 1st dibs, and no pricing has been set.  Owner muttered something like wanting to get $2000. which seems good for a mint condition example with those components.  I'd be happy to try to bargain with him, as we bonded a bit when I bought his smaller Calfee for Brent's friend.  He seems ready to let it go.

So after some serious deliberation last night I'm going to pass on the Calfee.  I tend to let my heart dictate purchases like this and that Calfee, while a amazingly good deal, just doesn't tug the right string to get me motivated to dump the Roubaix (which I do love).  What I hope happens out of this is that Gene gets in touch with Mike and that he jumps on it.  There's no way that thing should leave Florida.

Gene, did contact me. The only dimension on the bike that concerns me is the 59cm tt which is 4.5 cm longer than my Gunnar, which fits me about perfect. I love the Calfee but concerned I will not be as comfortable as I am now. Any thoughts on making this work?

As it turns out, I'm in Tampa Friday so my drive a my rental back and stop by to check it out on way home.

Nate, I personally concur about the yellow but that can be changed with a trip back to Calfee for paint (not cheap but doable).

Personally considering what the other Calfees appear to be going for I would not offer him much over 1500 for that bike: sure it's Dura-Ace but it's 9 speed. Could be wrong on that but my opinion.