HC Bike/Cycling Thread

boomana

It's 10 speed, Chris.

My bad. I counted a couple times but I miscounted. Probably still in the price range I'd offer. I have a 3 year old bike with Zipps that cost more than that bike did when new (i.e. both bikes at purchase) and I'd be surprised to get more than $2.5k for it if I could sell it (XL's aren't commonly traded).

Mike, what stem length on your Gunnar?

Edited by Dreadhead

Seems like a big stretch.  Looks like it has a fairly short stem though so that might help.

I have to measure my stem and then figure the size stem I would need for the Calfee to see if it will work.  I'm thinking it will be too long.  The stem will likely have to be pretty small and I would think that would make the handling twitchy.

Longer reach with less drop might not be the end of the world.  I'm surprised your TT is so short, Mike.  Mine on the Roubaix is 582mm so I wasn't so freaked out by the 59cm, but if the Gunnar has a 54.5cm TT that would seem really short for a guy your size - in my head anyway.  Are you sure you aren't thinking of the seat tube?

Longer reach with less drop might not be the end of the world.  I'm surprised your TT is so short, Mike.  Mine on the Roubaix is 582mm so I wasn't so freaked out by the 59cm, but if the Gunnar has a 54.5cm TT that would seem really short for a guy your size - in my head anyway.  Are you sure you aren't thinking of the seat tube?

I have long legs and short torso.  My Gunnar fits me perfect.  Never been more comfy on a bike.

62ffa417.jpg

^^^Are you referring to me? 

I would love to have it but the 59 tt is a deal breaker for me and I actually like the yellow.

My Orbea has a 52 st and 57 tt.  I've got a 70mm stem on it now and am comfortable.  I'm playing the saddle switch game right now.  I'm going to get measured while on vacation next month.  Hopefully that will help.