DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

Made a pair of interconnects using some UP-OCC 22ga I bought from Nate. I modified Chris VH's silver IC recipe, using a core of 1/4" polyethylene tubing, and spiraled the wires on 2" turns, wrapped it with teflon tape, then some techflex I had laying around. They are actually more flexible than I though they would be (not bad at all).

I made a headphone cable using the silver IC recipe with some 26ga jupiter cotton-covered copper, wrapped in teflot tape. It was super flexible, but then I realized I couldn't fit the whole assembly through the boot of the 4 pin neutrik xlr. me-> :stick: <-me

Talk about hours of lost time. I'm just using some Mogami w2893 for the 650 cable for now. I'm not complaining ;D

I've thought about using some of the Neotech stuff, but I hate to use any solid conductor bigger than 26ga.

I made a headphone cable using the silver IC recipe with some 26ga jupiter cotton-covered copper, wrapped in teflot tape. It was super flexible, but then I realized I couldn't fit the whole assembly through the boot of the 4 pin neutrik xlr. me-> :stick: <-me

Talk about hours of lost time. I'm just using some Mogami w2893 for the 650 cable for now. I'm not complaining ;D

I've thought about using some of the Neotech stuff, but I hate to use any solid conductor bigger than 26ga.

Bummer, that would've been sweet.

Man, just cut the friggen boot and finish it all off with some shrink if you have to. Or is the hard, inner diameter that the cable assembly won't pass through? If so, that's a pretty thick cable.

Yeah, right? Of course, I've already disassembled the whole thing and tried to do something else with it. I ended up just getting pissed off and doing the mogami cable super quick so I could actually listen to music (I sent the cable I had been using to John Broskie as he wanted to try his HD-650's balanced).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...