DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

Decided to make some new speaker cables, but since the biggest wire I had in any quantity was 20 gauge I had to braid a metric arseload of wire:

wirebraidedpm5.jpg

Crimony! How long did that take you?? Braiding those 1ft RCAs above took me about 1/2 an hour... your run must've taken a day!

Crimony! How long did that take you?? Braiding those 1ft RCAs above took me about 1/2 an hour... your run must've taken a day!

For the braiding part, about 5-10 minutes per 7 foot cable, of which there were 8. I used some kapton insulated wire for this because of how fast it can be braided versus PVC or teflon.

A go over with the polishing cloth can help bring out the shine in those highs you know. :D

Except now I have images of crusty bowls of abandoned noodles and a heap of socks turning to compost.

Ok so I cleaned up the stand all nice and shiny like, and I didn't get any improvement in the highs at all. What a gyp. :rolleyes:

Very nice Fitz!

Thanks Steve! :dan:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are some of the wires I made for my headphones.

Cables_HD650.jpg

(Cannare, Mogami mini-quad and Cardas with Neutrik NC3MXX-B XLR conectors).

K340_Cardas.jpg

(Cardas with Neutrik XLR)

SR225HD.jpg

(Cardas with 4-pin XLR Neutrik, and 4-pin XLR to 1/4 jack Furutech FP-704(G) in my SR-225 "heavy duty" :) )

-- o --

Rodrigo