DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

I've been looking for something similar but haven't found any.

I'd be surprised if it existed. There are just too many combinations that different applications could want. What would be wrong with just individual strands either twisted or braided together? Just because Stax does it flat ribbon style doesn't mean that everything else has to be the same, right?

I'd be surprised if it existed. There are just too many combinations that different applications could want. What would be wrong with just individual strands either twisted or braided together? Just because Stax does it flat ribbon style doesn't mean that everything else has to be the same, right?

A braided cable has higher capacitance then a flat ribbon and with the likes of the SR-007 we want to bring it down as much as possible. I did to a cable where I twisted the 6 wires around a center tube but it was very unpleasant to use and very, very time consuming to make.

nate:

I'm actually looking for it for another purpose other than electrostatics. This configuration is used by a few notable speaker manufacturers for internal wiring. If you happen to see something out there, I'd appreciate a heads up :)

nate:

I'm actually looking for it for another purpose other than electrostatics. This configuration is used by a few notable speaker manufacturers for internal wiring. If you happen to see something out there, I'd appreciate a heads up :)

I take it that none of the commercial offerings are acceptable? I mean I've seen teflon ribbon cables, but never blank runs of just the jacket. And how many of what gauge?

Just received my proto senn cable that I commissioned Nate to help me out with (the ones posted previously by him). Man I love this UP-OCC wire. You get the detail and precision and focus but it is warmer and full-bodied as well. I am one happy camper. And to think that Nate is saying he can do better than this is simply scary :o

Great work, Steve. Should take you about one week to exceed my abilities. :)

Yeah right!

I still get my soldering iron and curling iron mixed up, my hair is testament to that.

I don't think you're in any danger of me trying to copy that! They are sweet, and totally beyond my capabilities.

Oh heck yeah!

I'm glad we decided no techflex on that, that color looks really nice!

Those are new Neutrik connectors? They look very nice!

Nice, and I like the multi MOT designation. ;D

One half is the not-for-profit arm of suckitalo.

Will there be spade lugs or banana plugs?

Dude, don't you like know that connectors like only mess with the signal and that it's always best to use a direct connection? Sheesh.

Dude, don't you like know that connectors like only mess with the signal and that it's always best to use a direct connection? Sheesh.

Oh I get it, that's why those Headphile IC cables with no connectors were so great, and cost more than cables with expensive connectors. ;)