DIY cable gallery

Grand Enigma

Does that mean its mine? ;)

Sorry, it has an owner, he just doesn't know it yet.

BTW, hopefully tomorrow I will own your cable that you donated at the NYC meet :)

Best of luck, I'm seriously bummed to be missing the meet. Something tells me it'd be more fun than Easter with the in-laws. :|

excellent work Nate - and just so everyone knows, the proto is for me, hahahaha! So get your grubby hands off the table, I get 1st dibs. I gave the idea to nate from my experience with Chimera Labs IC's I use that utilize the ohno continuous cast copper stuff and its excellent, figured why not for a senn cable? The issue would have been flexibility but Nate was on board and said "no problem." I am excited to check it out for sure.

excellent work Nate - and just so everyone knows, the proto is for me, hahahaha! So get your grubby hands off the table, I get 1st dibs. I gave the idea to nate from my experience with Chimera Labs IC's I use that utilize the ohno continuous cast copper stuff and its excellent, figured why not for a senn cable? The issue would have been flexibility but Nate was on board and said "no problem." I am excited to check it out for sure.

I guess I should have called this line of cables the "recstar" but SUCKITALO just seemed more fun. The only other name in contention was LIMITOFAUDIOGOODNESS but that seemed like it would just be too long and difficult to say. ;D

I guess I should have called this line of cables the "recstar" but SUCKITALO just seemed more fun. The only other name in contention was LIMITOFAUDIOGOODNESS but that seemed like it would just be too long and difficult to say. ;D

Whoa, to have a line of cables named after me, feels very Mark Levinson ish. I do agree that sUcKItALo is more fun. Next thing we need to do nate is get in business together and source it to China, we will be riding porsches soon enough.

First time I did a set of Sennheiser cables... soldered directly to the pins without having to use any heatshrink over the connector afterwards:

senncable1ty6.jpg

- - -

You'll be hearing from my lawyer about this trademark infringement of SUCKITALO. :rant:

Nice looking cables too!

You wouldn't believe the lengths this anal retentive Irish maniac went to to get these to look like that either!

These are my new cables for my HD 580.

I sent the stock 650 cable with no instructions at all, but of coarse hoping for Fitz' usual braided loveliness.

Last night he contacted me with pics, and the roadmap of his journey.

I won't give any specifics, because this will most likely become his trademark way of doing Senn. cables (these are his first), but I was stunned at the painstaking methods to keep the integrity of the look of the stock Senn. connectors!

Even the most afflicted OCDers would be amazed. In fact I think Fitz actually has CDO.

That's the same syndrome, but the extra step has been taken to alphabetize the letters. :P

Oh, the ICs are joining my collection too.

Oh and Nate, I've been inspired to build a set of these beauties for my Omega Grande 6's that are incomming.

speakercables600x401bw5.jpg

The only reason I'm attempting this is because there is no soldering involved. So maybe I can manage it.

I've ordered the same cable & heatshrink, but the banana plugs are a little different. I found what I hope will be a bit of a bargain, but we all know how that can turn out.

banana1ul9.jpg

banana2ex5.jpg

banana3bo2.jpg

I've got some of those exact banana plugs. The threads are cut kinda rough, so some might be difficult to thread the outer shell on, but otherwise they're fine. They hold a lot more securely than your typical cheap 4-spring banana plug.

Oh and Nate, I've been inspired to build a set of these beauties for my Omega Grande 6's that are incomming.

speakercables600x401bw5.jpg

The only reason I'm attempting this is because there is no soldering involved. So maybe I can manage it.

I've ordered the same cable & heatshrink, but the banana plugs are a little different. I found what I hope will be a bit of a bargain, but we all know how that can turn out.

Cool, Steve. Speaker cables were one of my first projects, look out!