The Knuckledragger 3rd Memorial Slow Forum Post

Knuckledragger

So with the whole SBF trial coming up, why do we only hear crickets about

SAM TRABUCCO ?  The guy bailed a couple months before the collapse

and is suspected to be hiding in international waters off South America

on his boat. You'd think at least the press would of gotten a snapshot of

him lounging on the deck by now. 

I elected to exclude some feet photos which are a non-euclidean nightmare they'd make Yog-Sothoth wince.  I've still got a whole folder full of cursed AI images yet to go.  The real horror here is the AI itself.  Right now it's at the "haha that's so funny it's trying to make something real" phase.  In a shorter time than we can imagine, it will be nearly impossible to identify AI images.  I'm sure we will have people who becomes experts in the field, but that will not stop the era of disinformation from accelerating further.

DrZ406Q.jpg

"Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping in."

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Knuckledragger said:

Right now it's at the "haha that's so funny it's trying to make something real" phase.  In a shorter time than we can imagine, it will be nearly impossible to identify AI images.

Doubtful. Generative AI creates based upon what it has consumed. It has currently consumed everything. While the pattern recognition models will get better, some increasing percentage of what it consumes in the future will be AI generated, and that recursion will make the hallucinations worse, not better. To be better, the AI would need to be able to differentiate between AI generated and not AI generated, and it can't.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Oh, that's not even the real nightmare.

https://medium.com/@andrew_johnson_4/applications-of-large-language-models-in-medical-diagnoses-e0d3a113b3bc

I mean, those photos and videos are fun and benign, compared to THAT.

On 8/25/2023 at 11:50 AM, Grahame said:

Who needs LLM AI when we already have this dystopian outcome. 

https://www.healthcaredive.com/news/cigna-lawsuit-algorithm-claims-denials-california/688857

https://www.forbes.com/sites/richardnieva/2023/07/24/cigna-sued-over-algorithm-allegedly-used-to-deny-coverage-to-hundreds-of-thousands-of-patients/

https://www.propublica.org/article/cigna-pxdx-medical-health-insurance-rejection-claims

Edited by Grahame
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

I'm almost 50 years old (most of head-case: "Cool story, Knuckles.  We almost remember being 50 years old.")  I'd like to think I'm still "hip" and "with it" but the zoomers inform me on a daily basis I am lacking in "rizz" and that's "no kizzy on god fr fr no cap."  With that said, I use most of the same technologies the youts do.  Discord is possibly the single most important app I use.  Where I draw the line is Tik Tok.  I have never used it nor will I.  The other side of that coin is the fac that I can't stop staring into the abyss that is AI generated images.

YIjKGoJ.jpg

eq5bFSc.jpg

udgNCsa.jpg

6KLslWh.jpg

NxRTHEN.jpg

ox2oKYY.jpg

MM2pOLj.jpg

8dKQjNp.jpg

wsF5FEK.jpg

A generated "white Snoop Dogg" looks like Kid Rock.

fFNTdsC.jpg

3bpIHdC.jpg

yV88vBB.jpg

QxdHAva.jpg

rGV5jz1.jpg

s6ss3AL.jpg

JFcXBqP.jpg

11 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

...any more than it knows how to anatomy.

For now.

"Thankfully the elders of the internet have all sorts of rules to to prevent this sort of thing getting out of hand.

Rule 34 is just one such rule designed to protect you from such AI generated images.

So just search for 'Rule 34 AI generated images' to know more."

/NSFW /S

Edited by Grahame
  • Haha 2