Your recent music purchases

deepak

Just purchased from Acoustic Sounds:

Muddy Waters Folk Singer 200 Gram Vinyl LP

Shakey Jake Mouth Harp Blues 45 RPM Vinyl LP

Lightnin' Hopkins Goin' Away 45 RPM Vinyl LP

John Lee Hooker That's My Story 45 RPM Vinyl LP

Neil Young Live at Fillmore East 200 Gram Vinyl LP

Van Morrison Moondance 180 Gram Vinyl LP (Preorder)

Blue Christmas to me! :dance:

"Soundscapes and Modern Tales" by Shulman.

Wow, this is some serious electronica. Very much in the vein of Shpongle's "Are You Shpongled?" though perhaps with somewhat more melody. Still, there's the same sense of utter psychedelic chaos that assembles itself into catchy infections rhythms and grooves, melodies that sporadically apear out of the madness and swirl effortlessly into the mix, and layers upon layers of hidden inner meaning. It will take me weeks of listening to disect all of this stuff.

Needless to say, I like it a lot. Time to check out the rest of the discography.

Deadly week for me, do not read the Hoffman music forums in the vicinity of your credit card. I subscribed to the Music Matters Blue Note 45 RPM series, ordered the Miles Davis Analogue Productions 45 RPM box set and picked up a copy of the Beatles White Album on the advice of the guys over at the Analog Room in San Jose.

Deadly week for me, do not read the Hoffman music forums in the vicinity of your credit card. I subscribed to the Music Matters Blue Note 45 RPM series, ordered the Miles Davis Analogue Productions 45 RPM box set and picked up a copy of the Beatles White Album on the advice of the guys over at the Analog Room in San Jose.

I've got a real itchy finger for that Miles Davis box. I really want it but its hard to stomach dropping $300 like that. Easier to space it out over a few months.

Got a bunch of new vinyl from

music direct yesterday.

Alison Krauss "So long So Wrong" great recording, Good album.

Natalie Merchant "45rpm Tigerlily" Good on both fronts.

Metallica Black album 45rpm MoFi; WOW WOW WOW!

Frank Sinatra "Only the Lonley" great album, good recording (reissue)

Van Morrison "His band and the street choir" Great and good (reissue)

Van Morrison "moondance" (reissue)

Lee morgan "candy" Japanese Bluenote pressing good album almost very good pressing

Afrika Bambaataa "Planet Rock:the album" Good and Good

Elusive Disc has a 10% off coupon if that makes it easier

it made it a little easier. box has been ordered. :) don't know if you are aware but they are doing a Bill Evans one as well. I'm definitely getting that one too.

In other purchases, I just got in the Death Magnetic 5x45RPM vinyl box.

it made it a little easier. box has been ordered. :) don't know if you are aware but they are doing a Bill Evans one as well. I'm definitely getting that one too.

In other purchases, I just got in the Death Magnetic 5x45RPM vinyl box.

Damn you Postjack I'm going to have to get the Evans box! Has there been a release date announced yet.

How is Death Magnetic, I had not heard great things about the LPs?

Yesterday I picked up VanMorrison Moondance the Steve Hoffman mastered LP and David Bowie Hunky Dory on Simple Vinyl. They both sounded great but I think I like the Bowie better sonically not Moondance was bad (it's great) it is just that the Bowie album is superb. I just wish they had used better vinyl it is a bit noisy even after a good cleaning.

Edited by jp11801

Damn you Postjack I'm going to have to get the Evans box! Has there been a release date announced yet.

How is Death Magnetic, I had not heard great things about the LPs?

Not sure on the release date for the Bill Evans box, but I'm pretty sure its a done deal.

The DM Box pretty much sounds like shit, but I think they did a nice job with Hetfield's vocals. I just bought it because I really really like the album, and wanted to own the set since I own all the other Metallica original studio releases on vinyl, except St. Anger, which I pretend didn't happen.