• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First day in two months the high has been below 55 and first day in almost 3 its snowed.  Hopefully this bad luck isn't a sign of how things will go with the new toy i just took delivery of.. 

Moved too far from downtown to not have a car, and I narrowed the list down to a Subaru or a Subaru, after realizing an AWD Wagon was what I needed. The BMW that was perfect was just too much of a ris

Posted Images

Isle of Man is all balls....balls of steel.  Motorcyclists are the most untethered.  They lose someone every year.  Some of the most exciting racing there is!

HS

• Like 2

I'm surprised at how exposed some of the crowds are – it might be unlikely, but I'd want to be behind something solid near the corners at least.

That's sort of a defining characteristic of the Isle of Man.  But I'm with you, choose your where you spectate from carefully.  The bikes top 200mph on the course and as you saw in that video, cars top 170.  Just insane for public roads.

It is not uncommon for spectators to be struck there.  

Definitely a bucket list event.  24 Hours of LeMans night racing....most definitely bucket list.  Watching the sun come up at the event is something I need to experience before the party is over...

HS

• 3 weeks later...

2019 Hyogo Hachi Highland Hillclimb (pre-event testing) with Keiichi Tsuchiya (Drift King) driving the Maou (Demon King) Honda S2000 from J's Racing (turn on English subtitles)

Some tech details on the car: https://www.s2ki.com/2019/02/14/js-racing-touge-devil-king-s2000/

2016 Kyoto Arashiyama Hillclimb (Takao Parkway)

Edited by HiWire
  • 3 months later...

Made it out to a private track rental last night at Houston Raceway Park.  The outfit always does a nice job.  Only thing I missed was the catering...no no given the current situation.

My son shot a vid of my first pass.  I'm in the Jeep Trackhawk running against a Redeye.  It was hot and humid...density altitude started at north of 2900ft, but I had a blast all the same.

HS

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/more-racing/a33843258/homebuilt-contraptions-beat-the-fancy-pants-porsches-at-pikes-peak/

"In this corner, one thousand of the best German engineers ever assembled, with computers bigger than your garage using computational fluid dynamics and finite-element analysis to create the greatest and most powerful customer race car in the world - the 911 GT2 RS Cluuuuuubsport! And in this corner, a guy from five miles away who went down the street to his dad’s garage and built a car with him. Are you ready to rummmmmbbbbbblllleeeeeee?????"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1