Head Case Motorsports

VPI

I have an APR stage one* flash on the Tiguan. It would beat the snot out of this “sportline” at a stoplight, and I can also figure out how to adjust the climate control in it. :)

*not gonna go further on a car that sometimes has a booster seat. Also it’s a Tiguan. 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Haha 1

I can say I absolutely adore my '12 VW Touareg hybrid living in this part of Tennessee.  There's a curvy isolated road that I'm on regularly that I can maintain the speed limit (55) on, even in the curvy bits that are recommended 25, and if I'm in the mood, I've been known to take a lot of it slightly faster than that.  

I also regularly get to drive the dragon, because I have been kayaking regularly on the Nantahala.  I'll be taking that drive again tomorrow morning.  Nothing like hauling 3 kayaks and keeping up with the flow on 318 curves in 11 miles.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of joining friends in Bowling Green, KY for ChallengerFest and then Holley's MoParty this week.  What a hoot and such an eclectic but cool track.  It has an amusement park, water park and is basically in horse country.  A trip.

Anyhoo, my friend made to the finals in the Outlaw class which was pretty impressive.  Unfortunately it rained today so he split the purse with the other gent...who he had beaten in qualifying.  

Here are a few pics of the car to give you an idea of the level of build it is.  

HS

IMG_6669.thumb.JPG.ab0537eb4ae8e4d2e8cf4c9c37efc3bd.JPGIMG_6718.thumb.JPG.62207088b94949c954914d0f0102c2eb.JPGIMG_6668.thumb.JPG.9e8904e73737a9f942bd2deae1ffd454.JPGIMG_6667.thumb.JPG.9fbf400274680dee8e0ca7b1210836ed.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

mm,

He is pushing roughly 25psi...maybe a bit more.  Running 1/8 mile at these events.  It hauls the mail and he is an exceptional driver.  I help out where I can...pleasure to be useful and get to hang out with folks that are running cars like these.  I just fly in so it's good to have something to do other than just drinking and talking smack...LOL.

HS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Decided I'm sick of the shitty interior in my '17 Raptor. I really want the Raptor R with the Coyote motor but it's going to be at least another year. Going to order a TRX or ecoboost '22 Raptor in the meantime and get the Raptor R when it becomes available. Or the Hellcat TRX if I end up liking it. Thoughts? 

^^^ Late to the party but I think you'll like the TRX a lot.  By all accounts its way more stupid than anyone needs but pegs the fun meter at 10, as long as you don't mind something like 10mpg.  

Me - CEL came on in the BMW.  Code reader says it's related to the engine running too lean.  The interwebs say it's like a dirty or failed MAF sensor or a vacuum leak so I'll start tomorrow by cleaning the MAF and resetting the code and going from there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, n_maher said:

^^^ Late to the party but I think you'll like the TRX a lot.  By all accounts its way more stupid than anyone needs but pegs the fun meter at 10, as long as you don't mind something like 10mpg.  

Me - CEL came on in the BMW.  Code reader says it's related to the engine running too lean.  The interwebs say it's like a dirty or failed MAF sensor or a vacuum leak so I'll start tomorrow by cleaning the MAF and resetting the code and going from there.  

I already get a whopping 13 mpg on the Raptor so it’s not a terrible difference. This or the Raptor R will probably be my last gas vehicle so might as well end it with something fun. 

• Like 2

I can honestly say the TRX I got to drive was stupid fun, handled WAY better than it should of given the size (the crazy number of suspension/drive modes is helpful), and the interior shocked me w/ how nice it was.  Also, you will NOT have to pay a premium over sticker if you find a dealer worth their salt near you.  If not let me know and i'll find one for you to speak with.

The one thing I would offer is it's BIG...fricken big.  I believe a foot longer than my prior RAM 1500 crew cab so that's saying something.  Wide as hell too...I'm jealous!

TRX FTW IMHO, naamanf!

HS

10 minutes ago, HemiSam said:

I can honestly say the TRX I got to drive was stupid fun, handled WAY better than it should of given the size (the crazy number of suspension/drive modes is helpful), and the interior shocked me w/ how nice it was.  Also, you will NOT have to pay a premium over sticker if you find a dealer worth their salt near you.  If not let me know and i'll find one for you to speak with.

The one thing I would offer is it's BIG...fricken big.  I believe a foot longer than my prior RAM 1500 crew cab so that's saying something.  Wide as hell too...I'm jealous!

TRX FTW IMHO, naamanf!

HS

MSRP from a local dealer. 

It’s .3” longer than the Raptor and 1.2” wider, so it should feel exactly the same. 

Since 702 HP isn’t enough, any recommendations on tuners for it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, naamanf said:

MSRP from a local dealer. 

It’s .3” longer than the Raptor and 1.2” wider, so it should feel exactly the same. 

Since 702 HP isn’t enough, any recommendations on tuners for it?

Absolutely.  I'll turn you on to my tuner.  

A simple pulley swap and more mojo...easy peasy.  I'll give you my number and share whatever I can.  I run E85 full time.  The tuner also provided a "flex" tune so if you want to swap between the two you can.  The only thing about E85 is that you consume 30% more fuel but it's cheaper so the rub is it readily available in your area.

My TrackHawk has the same motor your TRX would have.  I pulled the blower in the driveway with some friends' assistance (the blower is a pig as it has built in cooling and well...MOPAR), swapped to a smaller pulley for added boost (you need an extractor I would gladly loan you), shorter belt, bigger injectors, a cooler thermostat and a tune/calibration that you need to "crack" your PCM (control module) to use.  I use HP Tuners for software and run VMWare on my Mac Pro so I can run Win to use the tuning software.  

You'll void the warranty but warranty shwaranty....  I've run a 10.3 sec quarter mile at ~132mph and I pushed her to 187mph at the standing mile (Texas Mile) a couple of weekends ago....weighing 5617lbs with my arse in her.  Coefficient of drag 1.0...hahaha.  Stock catalytic converters and exhaust.  I could do a lower pulley / damper swap and pin the crank and make more but I'd have to pull the cat's which I don't feel like doing as it's my daily.

Vroom vroom...

HS

A buddy of mine took delivery of this gem earlier this week.  Carrera S stick car.  I'm so jelly...

HS

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HemiSam said:

Absolutely.  I'll turn you on to my tuner.  

A simple pulley swap and more mojo...easy peasy.  I'll give you my number and share whatever I can.  I run E85 full time.  The tuner also provided a "flex" tune so if you want to swap between the two you can.  The only thing about E85 is that you consume 30% more fuel but it's cheaper so the rub is it readily available in your area.

My TrackHawk has the same motor your TRX would have.  I pulled the blower in the driveway with some friends' assistance (the blower is a pig as it has built in cooling and well...MOPAR), swapped to a smaller pulley for added boost (you need an extractor I would gladly loan you), shorter belt, bigger injectors, a cooler thermostat and a tune/calibration that you need to "crack" your PCM (control module) to use.  I use HP Tuners for software and run VMWare on my Mac Pro so I can run Win to use the tuning software.  

You'll void the warranty but warranty shwaranty....  I've run a 10.3 sec quarter mile at ~132mph and I pushed her to 187mph at the standing mile (Texas Mile) a couple of weekends ago....weighing 5617lbs with my arse in her.  Coefficient of drag 1.0...hahaha.  Stock catalytic converters and exhaust.  I could do a lower pulley / damper swap and pin the crank and make more but I'd have to pull the cat's which I don't feel like doing as it's my daily.

Vroom vroom...

HS

A buddy of mine took delivery of this gem earlier this week.  Carrera S stick car.  I'm so jelly...

HS

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Good info, we will have to link up whenever it comes in. No E85 here only 93. I'll probably stick with things that don't break the warranty or can easily be reversed if I do have to take it in. I would never hear the end of it if I toasted a motor that couldn't be covered. 

I do really want a 911 Turbo S, maybe some day when my earthworm farm takes off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, naamanf said:

Good info, we will have to link up whenever it comes in. No E85 here only 93. I'll probably stick with things that don't break the warranty or can easily be reversed if I do have to take it in. I would never hear the end of it if I toasted a motor that couldn't be covered. 

I do really want a 911 Turbo S, maybe some day when my earthworm farm takes off. 

Yeah...if you do anything recalibrating, you have to "crack" the PCM and it's clear to the manufacturer.

What I can tell you is the platform is an absolute beast and if you choose a good tuner the odds of fragging the motor are extremely low.  A simple pulley swap for more boost will not do it.  You have the benefit I do of dual fuel pumps and you should have enough injector headroom on 93 to simply add a bit more.  Now...my advice is leave it alone.  At least until the warranty is up.  That's what I advised my friend to do and fortunately, him being relatively young and a family man, he's left it alone aside from powder coating the deadlock rings (don't ask).

I'm in the queue for a GTS.  It could be forever w/ things going the way they are but I really want one.  Gentian blue...

HS

• Like 2