grounded grid

kevin gilmore

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Left channel is a GG. Followed Kevin’s schematic. Intention is to use Emission Labs DHT, didn’t dare to test it with DHT so it’s populated with some modern less expensive EL34. Right channel is an old Blue Hawaii. The combination of BH and GG works terrific.

IMG_1476.jpgIMG_1479.jpg

• Like 6

I haven't got it to work right, can't be much, a part choice of mine? or something really simple..

I occasionally do real stupid stuff and don't see it.

so far 3 boards and same result, low bandwidth (under 1khz)

Will revisit after finishing some other projects... (June?)

Had two resistors wrong......... Now it works

Edited by congo5

As I posted earlier I rebuilt a Blue Hawaii to GG. And now this new one. I can only say that Kevin’s GG works very well.

I’ve the opto servo on the board, didn’t flip (or, did flipped it, depends on ones perspective) the opto coupler when mowing it to the other side of board. After correcting the connections to opto coupler the servo still doesn’t work. Have to find the reason for failure. The opto servo should work, shouldn’t it?

Edited by JoaMat

While speaking servos. The small board between tubes on Blue Hawaii (right channel) is a servo a la T2 (picture a few posts up). Did built it after Kerry suggested that one maybe should do it simple when we tried different servos some year ago. That servo works great.

Edited by JoaMat

• 2 weeks later...

For the 4 tubes, is there really benefit to go unregulated PS or even regulated PS? Because I wanted to do two-box design and buckle the heater wire with others to use a single connector. I suspect AC 60hz noise will affect others. Heater for el34 needs 6.3V/1.5A each. So I will aim for about 10A for the PS. Also, the heaters are sitting at -450V, so the PS should be floated?

I wanted to go tiny and simple. For single regulator, I could only find MIC29712WT, which is only 7.5A max.