Your best values under $200 (used is ok)

deepak

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the K340 price hike really pisses me off... and I know that I am largely to blame for it, which makes it worse. :(

why? you've got a pair. and even if you need another cost averaging. but before you opened the floodgates you should have bought at least a back-up pair. :P

why? you've got a pair. and even if you need another cost averaging. but before you opened the floodgates you should have bought at least a back-up pair.

I bet jjcha is feeling that way about the VTGs at this point, too.

While this used to be true it certainly doesn't seem like it lately. I can't believe that there's currently someone asking $280 for a stock pair on Head-Fi, and that's after a couple price drops. ???

$280? I thought they were still going for ~200.

There's also a scam pair on eBay going for $40 right now.

$280? I thought they were still going for ~200.

There's also a scam pair on eBay going for $40 right now.

Well the same guy who has the stock pair listed for $250 (he's dropped the price again) also has a modded pair that are sale pending for $400. Jebus, recabled with starquad and a mini plug doesn't add value to a headphone in my book.

Guest GlendaleViper

sr225 with bowl pads is painful. They need flat pads.

Biggie.

All depends man. I find the bowls quite comfy and they hold onto my head better than the flats. That said, I like to have a pair of either around, since there is no question both pads add a different flavour.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

K340

I know I paid slightly over $200 for these, but they can be had for less, and these are remarkable headphones, at least when powered by the Dynahi! Very alive, and rich, and musical. :) This can has made me very interested in the higher echelon of electrostats.

I heard the HD580 w/ HD600 grills and Cardas cable on Headroom's balanced Desktop amp, and that setup was dynamite! I think it's best if someone more knowledgeable mentions the modules used, but for ~ $1800 (amp, headphones, cable) all you need is your own digital source that was a pretty damn nice rig. If the Sennheisers are your favorite (or reference) headphones I would seriously give that amp/DAC combo some thought.