Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

On one amp, a cap is dented and bent and the other is loose. The other amp looks okay. The seller built a crate to pack them in for shipping. My guess is that the crate broke and UPS dumped them in the box. It's a UPS box and the shipping label looks like it was cut off the other box and taped onto this one. I really don't even want to plug them in. I'm hoping the seller takes them back.

On one amp, a cap is dented and bent and the other is loose. The other amp looks okay. The seller built a crate to pack them in for shipping. My guess is that the crate broke and UPS dumped them in the box. It's a UPS box and the shipping label looks like it was cut off the other box and taped onto this one. I really don't even want to plug them in. I'm hoping the seller takes them back.

Good Lord. UPS FTL. :kitty:

No words Mike, no words. :(

Let me know if you want/need me to take a look at them.

Thanks Nate. If the guy isn't will to take them back but offers to pay for repair, I would probably send to Quicksilver for the repair. It's going to be hard for UPS to say they repacked them properly. However, they will maintain that it's not their job and the seller should have packed them better originally. I've only dealt with a Fedex claim so I have no idea how UPS will handle this. My position is that it's the seller's problem since his original packing crates failed (at least I assume that is why they were repacked in a UPS box).

Thanks Nate. If the guy isn't will to take them back but offers to pay for repair, I would probably send to Quicksilver for the repair. It's going to be hard for UPS to say they repacked them properly. However, they will maintain that it's not their job and the seller should have packed them better originally. I've only dealt with a Fedex claim so I have no idea how UPS will handle this. My position is that it's the seller's problem since his original packing crates failed (at least I assume that is why they were repacked in a UPS box).
For starters, one of you needs to file a claim with UPS. I thought it was the shipper, but a recent thread here told me it's the recipient. I still think it's the seller's, since he's the one who paid for the insurance, but you need to coordinate with UPS to show them the evidence, so whoever starts it, the effort is going to need to be coordinated.

I also think the evidence is on your side -- unless they took and kept pictures, they have no proof that the crate was inadequate, and the re-boxing makes it look like a cover-up to me. That's what they did when they sent me sand instead of tubes once, and they ended up refunding the sender the entire amount of purchase.

I sure hope he sent them insured.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Good luck with the UPS claim. My experience is that both UPS and FedEx ALWAYS claim it is faulty packing not their crappy handling that caused the damage. Sheesh! Hope things eventually work out.

For starters, one of you needs to file a claim with UPS. I thought it was the shipper, but a recent thread here told me it's the recipient. I still think it's the seller's, since he's the one who paid for the insurance, but you need to coordinate with UPS to show them the evidence, so whoever starts it, the effort is going to need to be coordinated.

I also think the evidence is on your side -- unless they took and kept pictures, they have no proof that the crate was inadequate, and the re-boxing makes it look like a cover-up to me. That's what they did when they sent me sand instead of tubes once, and they ended up refunding the sender the entire amount of purchase.

I sure hope he sent them insured.

You may have been lucky. My experience was that the shipper had to proove the package was packed appropriately, which is impossible. You are lucky it wasn't FedEx because in my case FedEx wanted me to ship two 90 pound damaged speakers to them at my cost, in the original damaged boxes for FedEx to "evaluate" whether the fault was with FedEx or the shipper.

I just spoke to the seller. He is a cabinet maker and said that there is no way the crate broke unless something very bad was done to them. He is contacting UPS about the claim. I'm trying to get him just to take them back and deal with it and refund my money. I have to send him pics of the damaged cap which is sending to Quicksilver. He sent me a pic of them in the crate:

crate.jpg

Dear Customer,

UPS has carefully reviewed your claim and taken the following action: Your claim has been denied for the reason(s) listed below.

INSUFFICIENT PACKAGING (UPS CODE: COMPLETEBULLSHIT)

For a more complete explanation please click here: Welcome to WEDONTGIVEAFUCK.COM

Thank you for choosing UPS. We are proud to be your preferred shipping solution and look forward to completely fucking you in the future.

UPS Package Mangling Department

ups.jpg

i'm going to start taking pictures of the process when i package high value items, maybe.

I've actually done that few times, mostly with more expensive and/or heavy items. Thankfully, I've never had to use them for any reason aside from wasting away space on my hard drive (until I delete them couple of weeks after the arrival).

Speaking of mail fuck ups I just got a DVD-A in the mail today in bubble envelope that was surprise, shipped by UPS. It looks like someone took a hammer to lower right of the case. The damage goes from the front of the jewel case through the CD/DVD clear holder to the back of the case.

Time to contact amazon since I doubt the marketplace seller is going to do anything :rolleyes:

I got a package from UPS today too. It contained the audio alchemy hpa 1 I was expecting. The problem is, there is no power supply in the box. UPS is ghay.

The power supply is a dual supply with stupid ass 1/8 trs plug connecting it to the component. I don't think even ray is dumb enough to do something like that.

3 72" 1/2" threaded rods

2 36" 1/2" threaded rods

3 72"x18"x3/4" pine boards, cut into 24x18x3/4 boards

75 1/2" nuts

75 1/2" washers

If grawk would have posted spanish cedar rather than pine, I would have guessed a mighty fine working man's humidor.