Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I thought about one of those but as I only use Macs so as I understand it I can do 24/96 via the mini toslink output so I don't have to pay the price for a USB input.

No Macs here :( I wanted to be able to play the HR files from the laptop on the main rig, and I thought the DA-11 is a better solution to play them without loss, than getting a USB soundcard to feed the Bidat, which the highest that can do IIRC is just 20/48. The laptop has no digital out :palm:

We'll see, it's possible the Bidat sounds still better than the Lavry if fed with downsampled files from the HR ones.

If you have an at&t phone, you can "make yourself eligible" by putting your sim in a first gen iphone, and activating. You're then eligible to "upgrade" to an iphone.

I have a 1st gen iphone, if you're wanting to do that...

2 Bags Black Gold Topsoil

1 Bag Whitney Farms Potting Soil

1 bag Miracle-Gro Potting Soil

Starter Plants:

3 Different tomatoes

Cherry Tomato

Cilantro

Rosemary

Basil

Jalapeno Peppers

Habanero Peppers

Thai Peppers

Tall Curry

A bag of onion sets

Zuchini seeds

Hanging planter

Time for some gardening. Hoping my girls will get into it.

Two one way tickets from:

Perth to Tokyo :)

Tokyo to Detroit :(

Detroit to Halifax :)

Canada, here I come! :D :D :D

Though I have no idea how I am going to get everything done that needs to be done in the four and a bit weeks before departure :eek:

Permanent move? What are you doing in Halifax?

Permanent move? What are you doing in Halifax?

Biomedical research, broadly in asthma. Moving for two years, more if I can win a grant or two.

Good luck with the move Beefster!

And be prepared for an epic security reaming traveling on those one-ways. :o

Thanks! We should have all the appropriate visas, so unless they think that my MiniMax and y1 are terrorist bombs, I am hopeful it will be OK :)

Gotta say this is the first time I've seen axe pictures in this thread. Had too many guns and knives hanging around?

Had to balance my load. ;D

BTW, on the Kindle/Reader thing, I got the new model Sony Reader last month after they announced their deal with Google for access to all the old books Google scanned from the NYC library and before Sony's 100 free download promo on their own old books ended. I like the Reader's appearance, controls, and page view better than the Kindle's. The Sony old books are great, but the Google old books are more problematic. Both sets have titles they might as well have skipped. BTW, I find the Reader is a particularly nice platform for reading poetry.

Yesterday, I discovered a new virtue for the Reader when my eBooks software recognized the manual disc for my Suunto X9i wristop computer with GPS in the disc drive. On a hunch, I was able to transfer the english pdf version of the manual to the Reader and work with it there. This is going to be very helpful as the X9i is extremely capable and complex and having the whole manual in very portable form is muy nifty. Maybe the Kindle can do this with pdf files, too.

Biomedical research, broadly in asthma. Moving for two years, more if I can win a grant or two.

Thanks! We should have all the appropriate visas, so unless they think that my MiniMax and y1 are terrorist bombs, I am hopeful it will be OK :)

good luck with the move. Watch out for those N.S. people they are nealy as weird as the Noufies :)

I just bought 6 of these:

Amazon.com: Mogami Gold Studio 03 XLR to XLR Quad Conductor Patch Cable 3 feet: Electronics

To hook up my various things.