Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

What do you think of it? I am about to pull the trigger on 14 of them for my unit (along with 4 7Ds). I really wanted to get the new Sony HX5V but it won't be out for another month and the powers that be want them now.

I'm waiting for the Lumix DMC-ZS5. I may have to consider the Sony HX5V as well. I'm fortunately not in a rush.

Where does the O2 Mk II fit in with the O2 > 4070 > 404LE > O2 circle of greater-thans?

Nobody likes the O2 mkII. :)

I don't recall saying I liked the LE better but I admit that I did not go back and look at all my prior posts on the subject.. I like the LE and I like the Sig's at $300 and $600. If the O2 were a $300 or $600 headphone I might not feel the way I do. However, it's retail price was probably 3 times the price of the LE. The used price is 2 times the price of the LE. I'm sorry I don't like the O2 as much as you do. I"m sure there are many things we will not both agree on but that doesn't make either of us wrong. The O2's are an average headphone at best. The only time I've enjoyed them at all was from a BHSE. My LE do not have a sticker on the plug, so not sure what that is referring to or why it matters. I prefer the 4070 to the LE's at this point but since getting the 4070 I haven't listened to the LE again so that opinion could change. I may have an opportunity to get my hands on a BHSE but if the only headphone it really does justice to is the O2, then I may not bother buying the BHSE.

Does that mean you're not selling your KGSS and 4070's to me?

RS-1. I think. Just PM'ed the guy, so unless someone jumped in before I did. The deal seemed right, and I've been thinking about getting a pair for years now. I really want to like them, so I'm going to put them through the paces, mostly with rock.

F/S: Grado RS1 Headphones...ONLY $430 FIRM! - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Guess I'll need to settle down again. The RS-1, W1000X and T1 should keep me busy for a while.

RS-1. I think. Just PM'ed the guy, so unless someone jumped in before I did. The deal seemed right, and I've been thinking about getting a pair for years now. I really want to like them, so I'm going to put them through the paces, mostly with rock.

F/S: Grado RS1 Headphones...ONLY $430 FIRM! - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Guess I'll need to settle down again. The RS-1, W1000X and T1 should keep me busy for a while.

Ah, shit sticks! I was 2 minutes behind the other turd who posted on the thread, so I'm still RS-1-less. Thing is, the guy posted "Nice price" or some stupid crap like that (the kind of post I'm forever deleting in FS threads), but didn't say, "PM sent" or "I'll take them" or some such. So I was fooled into thinking the butt munch was just spam posting, and wasn't a serious buyer. Not that it bothers me that some ass wipe arrived on the scene just minutes ahead of me.

I don't recall saying I liked the LE better but I admit that I did not go back and look at all my prior posts on the subject.. I like the LE and I like the Sig's at $300 and $600. If the O2 were a $300 or $600 headphone I might not feel the way I do. However, it's retail price was probably 3 times the price of the LE. The used price is 2 times the price of the LE. I'm sorry I don't like the O2 as much as you do. I"m sure there are many things we will not both agree on but that doesn't make either of us wrong. The O2's are an average headphone at best. The only time I've enjoyed them at all was from a BHSE. My LE do not have a sticker on the plug, so not sure what that is referring to or why it matters. I prefer the 4070 to the LE's at this point but since getting the 4070 I haven't listened to the LE again so that opinion could change. I may have an opportunity to get my hands on a BHSE but if the only headphone it really does justice to is the O2, then I may not bother buying the BHSE.

I was replying to Asr's post above mine, not criticizing you. :) I can understand liking the 4070 over an Omega but with Lambdas there are better choices such as the ESP950 and the HE60 IMO. I never look at the price though, I simply don't care the slightest bit short of the 3-4K$ limit.

Where does the O2 Mk II fit in with the O2 > 4070 > 404LE > O2 circle of greater-thans?

If you've never spent time with the Mk1 or SR-O then they are great and most wouldn't be bothered by the apparent colorations. They are a lot like the SR-404, all in all a great headphone but all that is taken away with a relatively minor coloration that ruins everything. Now mod the Mk2 and I put them on par with the Mk1, slightly more forward but very close.

State car inspection. Thankfully, my car passed it so only thing I had to pay was for the inspection.

Oh, I did that today too. But it was just a matter of paying for a routine inspection and registration renewal fee. Can't believe I've had this car for 3 years already. Only 16k miles and still looks new.

I should have added that I've never heard them and have no opinion and my post was just kidding around.
No worries, I was just playin' the contrarian. Well, no, actually, I really do like them, but the seeming acerbicity/acerbicness/acerbia of my post was playful.
If you've never spent time with the Mk1 or SR-O then they are great and most wouldn't be bothered by the apparent colorations. They are a lot like the SR-404, all in all a great headphone but all that is taken away with a relatively minor coloration that ruins everything. Now mod the Mk2 and I put them on par with the Mk1, slightly more forward but very close.
I would even go so far as to say that away from each other, on a really good amp (e.g. BHSE, ES-1), I'm not sure everyone would be able to tell the difference. The coloration that I heard (slight midbass hump) worked well for rock-and-roll, and is probably the one you're thinking of will go away with mods, so: spot on. Also, nothing a little EQ couldn't solve. Also: moar black (at least, the black one is).

Only 16k miles? I used to put that in a year or less. Then we moved and I drive much less now that my work is only ~9 miles away. Of course, now my wife is driving close to 16K a year. :palm:

I drive about 30k miles per year in total, but over 20k of that is in the US when I'm wandering around in the motorhome (plus the vehicles that I drag around in the trailer) for 4-6 months per year.

There isn't exactly a whole lot of sight seeing in Cayman once you've been here a while, so I tend to stay put and listen to music. The Pontiac is used for going back and forth to town, but I've also got a Vespa and a Ford Edge. The Edge was initially bought for Tanesha #1, whom I was madly in love with. But apparently she didn't feel the same way and eventually she broke it off and returned the vehicle. Now that Taneisha #2 is in the picture (and quite pregnant), she's not terribly fond of driving the Edge (it being tainted and all), so she normally drives the Pontiac and I drive either the Edge or Vespa, depending on my mood and the weather.

Here's a couple of pics of the Pontiac, taken just now on it's 3rd birthday.

IMG_4078.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

It's been a good car, although it does have a couple of little rattles that I haven't quite managed to locate. Nothing too annoying, except that it was my first new car ever in my life, and I just figured it would be perfect forever... ya, right!

Notice that my neighbor's granddaughter managed to work her way into the second pic. She probably thought it was quite odd that I was taking pics of my own car and dropping the top just for the effect.

I was replying to Asr's post above mine, not criticizing you. :) I can understand liking the 4070 over an Omega but with Lambdas there are better choices such as the ESP950 and the HE60 IMO. I never look at the price though, I simply don't care the slightest bit short of the 3-4K$ limit.

My mistake. :)

I was replying to Asr's post above mine, not criticizing you. :) I can understand liking the 4070 over an Omega but with Lambdas there are better choices such as the ESP950 and the HE60 IMO.

Well I have quirky tastes in headphones. ;) Not sure I like the HE60 and have never heard the ESP950, but the 404LE works for me and I don't really feel a need to get another stat headphone - at least for now.