Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

600x450-2009032700004.jpg

Apparently these Danner Hood Rivers are a Japan-only model. I've been wanting a pair of low-cut Danners for a decade or so now. I already own a pair of Arcadia boots, which are due to go back to Danner to have the Gortex replaced methinks, as they leak. They were always fantastic for unexpected snow in Japan (I bought them for a trip to Alaska). It was fun watching the poor Japanese try and tiptoe their way around the snow and puddles while I stomp straight through it all. However, something more ordinary yet damn good was called for.

Putting them on today, even though they are new, they felt perfect. I might have to nab a second pair considering they are discontinued now.

Yeah, I just spent a good part of last Saturday cutting up all my old Kimber powercords (to make two or three out of one 2M unit) and ripping apart the last Virtual Dynamics Power3 cord I had. It was a lot of fun the braid the solid core wire inside that garden hose though. :)

Just bought a second hand complete ChaseCam system for my Atom. Retail for everything I picked up would be around $1,900. Shipped cost was $1,100. Got it from a friend at the AtomClub and didn't bicker about the price because I was lucky enough to be online when the ad was posted. There would have been a line behind me for sure.

Here's a video taken by the previous owner: http://www.atomguy.com/091021CaliSpeedwayRovalS4.mp4

This will complete my collection of electronic gadgets for the Atom and will allow me to use the 'video only' mode of the ChaseCam system while overlaying the GPS-based data recorded by my TraqMate system (which is far more robust than the data recorded by the ChaseCam system as seen in the above video).

I've also recently installed an AutoCom helmet to helmet communication system that integrates all of my other gadgets having output audio signals (iPod via JH13, cell phone, radar detector, and my Garmin GPS unit) and allows for crystal clear communication up to about 120mph without raising your voice. Gadgets that make going faster funner.

Even sweeter in person! My draw dropped, I hope I didn't drool on it. Can't wait to hear it! ;)

It's powering the KLH's right now and I am a very happy listener. Next up is to recap the crossovers in the speakers. Just hope I don't feck them up. But I'm doing a ton of reading on it and will be taking my time. But even with 40 year old caps these things sound pretty damn good to my ears.

Horrors! I hope it isn't that bad Mike. Fingers crossed.

Well, I'm very newb when it comes to speakers, but the left cable swapped to the right speaker sounds fine so I know it isn't the amp. And a gentle push on the left woofer returns a stiff movement and a crunchy sound, so I'm not holding out a lot of hope. I see two separate pair of woofers on Ebay so all may not be lost. And I also have a PM in to Dr. Gilmore since if anyone will know what my options are, he will. So I think I'll have some scotch and see how the McIntosh is with the LCD-2's. :(

Maybe not as the left woofer, with a pop and a squeal, appears to have just joined Henry Kloss in Heaven.....

Ouch.

Oh, man! Heartbreaking. Sorry to hear it! I'll bet those are fixable. Maybe we can make it a team project at ChiLiquiFi?

Fingers crossed for an easy solution Mike.

Word from Kevin is it sounds like the glue came loose from the voicecoil. So I think I'll order one of the two pair on Ebay and then also see about having the blown one re-coned. That way I'll have some spares. And I needed to open them up to get at the crossover, so no time like the present.