Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

just keep in mind that mead isn't really supposed to be sweet, as much of the sugar in the honey gets converted.
I just wanted to thank you for posting this -- it actually makes a lot of sense, not just with mead, but with any supposedly "sweet" beer, and explains why chocolate beers are usually in the dark chocolate variety rather than milk chocolate end of the spectrum. The ones that are sweet, are usually sweet with malts (scotch ales, barleywines, sweet stouts, etc.), not sugar or honey necessarily, which is an entirely different kind of sweet, and one I don't mind so much at all. I mean, yeah, there is a lot of residual flavor from honey or milk, in ones that are made out of those, but...less so than drinking, say, milk, or tea with a lot of honey. I.E., not so much.

Between this and ...I forget who, but someone explained why ommegang's chocolate indulgence was sour tasting to me in the early days of my trying beers...it's been very helpful understanding why beers taste the way they do, and helps me appreciate them more.

I just wanted to thank you for posting this -- it actually makes a lot of sense, not just with mead, but with any supposedly "sweet" beer, and explains why chocolate beers are usually in the dark chocolate variety rather than milk chocolate end of the spectrum. The ones that are sweet, are usually sweet with malts (scotch ales, barleywines, sweet stouts, etc.), not sugar or honey necessarily, which is an entirely different kind of sweet, and one I don't mind so much at all. I mean, yeah, there is a lot of residual flavor from honey or milk, in ones that are made out of those, but...less so than drinking, say, milk, or tea with a lot of honey. I.E., not so much.

I agree. But always remember the exception of the milk stout, to which lactose is added. Yeast can't turn this into alcohol and it does remain in the final product as a distinctly sweet flavour.

I just bought Traktor Pro. Again. This time from B&H. Academic Superstore dicked me around for two effing weeks before finally admitting they won't have a copy of Traktor to ship until the end of the month (I need it for Sunday the 10th.) 6 minutes on the phone with B&H and I'll have a copy by Thursday.

B&H rules, as per usual. Academic Superstore fellates rabid goats. :indra:

Very nice arm. I just saw one in action at the Oswald Mills Audio demo room in NYC recently. Is that where you bought the arm?

No, I know of/became interested in the Schick by reputation alone. Also, it's one of the few current-production arms I think matches well aesthetically with the TD-124. What turntable/related equipment did you hear the Schick with, if you don't mind me asking.

No, I know of/became interested in the Schick by reputation alone. Also, it's one of the few current-production arms I think matches well aesthetically with the TD-124. What turntable/related equipment did you hear the Schick with, if you don't mind me asking.

The OMA Lenco idler, Schick arm, tweaked Ortofon cartridge, OMA RIAA phono preamp and OMA Parallax integrated amplifier, all playing through the OMA AC2 field coil loudspeakers. It was by far the best demo I have ever had even though the speakers were set up with a 3-foot round column between them.

Table:

lenco_plinth.jpg

RIAA:

DSC_0269.jpg

Amp:

PL519_1.jpg

Speakers (this is the AC1 non-field coil version):

ac1.jpg

ac1b.jpg

Edited by Voltron