Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

i reviewed them here, early on, if you're interested in my take.

Hi Reks. Thanks for letting me know. I actually read your take and a lot more other takes on these cans. From what I read about these before I got them was that they had some mid colorization and it performed well with some music and poorly on others. I wanted to check them out since I did listen to them when I went to a meet once and when I read my impressions again about those cans I was interested in getting them. The opportunity just presented itself this week so here I am with these cans :) I just got them (DX-1000s, still waiting for the AD2000), and changing the output tubes between the Bendix 6080 and the Cetron 6528A made a huge difference. Right now I have the Mullard ECC32 as the input tube, but I'm waiting for the 2c51 adapter and Tung - sol 2c51 tube :). So far what I noticed from swapping the tubes between the Bendix and Cetron is that the soundstage is different with them. I just swapped to the Bendix and the soundstage is smaller than the 6228A and it sounds a lot more detailed. The Cetron made the JVC hit the low end bass more and the soundstage is bigger. I did like the Cetron made my Remember Shakti album sound spacious with good separation between the instruments. Right now I'm listening to Eric Clapton's Unplugged and the Bendix matches this perfectly since the soundstage is smaller than the 6528a, but the detail is good and it feels like I'm actually there. With the 6528A it was a bigger soundstage, but there was a lot of air around voices and instruments and it didn't match the synergy with the recording as the Bendix is doing. Overall I'm having fun with these JVCs but I just got them so I need to spend more quality time with them.

adimagehandlerashxvp1.jpg

A rinsing table for my new darkroom..I couldn't be more happy!

Nice. I wish I had the space for a darkroom. Then again, only one of the films that I shoot can be developed by me. (I shoot Fomapan B&W reversal, DR5...I don't think I could develop that. I also shoot Kodachrome and Fuji Velvia 50. 35mm)

What do you shoot? 35mm and medium format?

It would be nice to be able to make my own prints, though.

I'm thinking of getting a Nikon 5000 ED, so I can finally start getting prints again.

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

Here are my new racks before putting anything on them. Core Designs (corefurniture.com) does great work, and the fact that owner Arnold Marr brought them to my house fully assembled made for a truly pleasant purchase experience. Arnold happens to be a headphone geek and has a great collection of his own.

Thanks to JP#s for helping set them up.

Nice. I wish I had the space for a darkroom. Then again, only one of the films that I shoot can be developed by me. (I shoot Fomapan B&W reversal, DR5...I don't think I could develop that. I also shoot Kodachrome and Fuji Velvia 50. 35mm)

What do you shoot? 35mm and medium format?

It would be nice to be able to make my own prints, though.

I'm thinking of getting a Nikon 5000 ED, so I can finally start getting prints again.

Nice! You can develop it yourself. See link:

http://www.foma.cz/Upload/foma/prilohy/F_pan_R_en.pdf

For now I shoot 35mm but I'm hopefully soon moving on to working with Hasselblad. Although I have to say, I'm working with Kodak Technical Pan atm and the sharpness is absolutely comparable with that of medium format. Really impressive. When I do buy the mf-camera I will be buying somthing like the LS9000 to scan the negs for placing them on my website and things like that. It's just that a lot of money is involved in things like that ;)

Velvia 50...real nice. Beautiful film you're working with. The colours are fantastic. Luckily it still excists.

fortunately it wasn't with me. the cell phone was in the pocket i usually keep the Touch in, so i doubt it would have survived. it took me a while to figure out why i had that bruise on my leg, until i realized that it corresponded with a high impact Nokia'ing.

Damn dude :'(

Hooray for not having the Touch on you.

i hope the Sony T610 is decent. i'd been using a Nokia 6085, which i've liked ok, but those little Sonys were always neat looking.

I used a T616 for two years (I think it's just a T610 with newer firmware). It's a solid phone, took a beating and kept working. Towards the end of its life the middle selector button started to flake out, other than that it served me well.

Nice! You can develop it yourself. See link:

http://www.foma.cz/Upload/foma/prilohy/F_pan_R_en.pdf

For now I shoot 35mm but I'm hopefully soon moving on to working with Hasselblad. Although I have to say, I'm working with Kodak Technical Pan atm and the sharpness is absolutely comparable with that of medium format. Really impressive. When I do buy the mf-camera I will be buying somthing like the LS9000 to scan the negs for placing them on my website and things like that. It's just that a lot of money is involved in things like that ;)

Velvia 50...real nice. Beautiful film you're working with. The colours are fantastic. Luckily it still excists.

Yeah, Velvia 50 looks amazing. What do you use to scan in your 35mm photos?

I wish I could afford getting that 9000ED right off the bat, but I can't justify such a purchase when I don't shoot MF yet.

I've heard that Hasselblads have severly fallen in price recently, and I've heard good things about Maymia (is that the right spelling?). What do you have your eyes on?