Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Now just waiting on a paypal payment request for an Enlightened Audio Design T-1000 transport. Uses the same VRDS transport that TEAC and Wadia do, is still serviceable by the original designers through Noble Electronics and should pair nicely with my gear. Should be getting a hell of a deal on it too, about 33% less than the going Audiogon rate.

Now just waiting on a paypal payment request for an Enlightened Audio Design T-1000 transport. Uses the same VRDS transport that TEAC and Wadia do, is still serviceable by the original designers through Noble Electronics and should pair nicely with my gear. Should be getting a hell of a deal on it too, about 33% less than the going Audiogon rate.

I used to own one of these, I thought it used the Pioneer stable platter mechanism? silly me...

Glad to see it's worked out, Nate. Silver or black?

Always bet on black. :) I was chasing four of them this weekend and this was the only one left to make an offer on unless I wanted a matching DAC to go with it.

EDIT - Also bought couple of things from Despair, Inc.

Nice, I lost track of what day it was. I need to place an order from them tomorrow.

I used to own one of these, I thought it used the Pioneer stable platter mechanism? silly me...

It's all one and the same as far as I know.

It's all one and the same as far as I know.

nope, the EAD uses the Pioneer PEA1030 transport. The VRDS mechanisms are made my TEAC, not Pioneer. Wadia used both of these transports, but they are not one and the same. The Wadia 23, 301, 830, 831 use the Pioneer and the Wadia 6, 7, 8, 16, 21, 270, 850+ (I'm not sure after this point) use the TEAC VRDS transport. IMHO, the VRDS transports are much, much better.

nope, the EAD uses the Pioneer PEA1030 transport. The VRDS mechanisms are made my TEAC, not Pioneer. Wadia used both of these transports, but they are not one and the same. The Wadia 23, 301, 830, 831 use the Pioneer and the Wadia 6, 7, 8, 16, 21, 270, 850+ (I'm not sure after this point) use the TEAC VRDS transport. IMHO, the VRDS transports are much, much better.

Gotcha, my mistake. In my research I'm sure I just confused the two. Regardless, I wanted a good front loader transport and options in my price range are few and far between. I don't have two grand to throw at this.

I hate people that do what I was about to do... enjoy the new player, and if you ever want to upgrade and looking for someone with experience with these players, let me know!

Oh by all means tell me what you were going to say, I'm a big boy, I can take the criticism. And if there are mods to be done I'm all ears. I've already got a stash of blu-tak lined up and ready for some strategic chassis damping.

I looked for a good long time and in the sub $1000 market my choices were severely limited with most options being nothing more than decent CD players. I've got one of those (the Arcam) and will certainly compare the two side by side before deciding if the EAD is the one to keep. At the price I'm paying I could pretty easily get my $$ back plus some on Audiogon.

A couple of "Carbon" twill Chaps shirts -- Twill is quickly becoming my new favorite textile. It's finely woven enough to be classy enough for the workplace, but it's a thick enough weave to be durable -- the perfect combination. "Carbon" == charcoal with a slight dark-green tint to it.

Is this part of your new Spring line coming out?

A Subterranean Press $99 "grab bag" of random books.

For $99, you'll received 10 hardcovers, most of them signed limiteds, with a few trade hardcovers mixed in. A quick count shows that at least half of these titles have never been offered before as part of our grab bags. The books we're offering range from a number of just-published titles to classic SubPress books. Each of these Grab Bags is guaranteed to have a value of at least $400, and we're only selling 20 of them, so get your order in now if you're interested.

Sounds like a sweet deal, I hopped on it from my iPhone this morning in the car. Yay iPhone. :prettyprincess:

A Subterranean Press $99 "grab bag" of random books.

Sounds like a sweet deal, I hopped on it from my iPhone this morning in the car. Yay iPhone. :prettyprincess:

I've done that a few times. I've gotten some duplicates, too :)

Anyway, I got the PK Dick lettered edition they advertised this morning. Lemme know what you get in your grab bag, maybe we can trade. :)