Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I don't know... I liked the fact that options were limited with the LB. The idea of tube rolling has no appeal to me. The LB is an inexpensive amp that sounds much, much better than it has any business sounding, but in the end, it is what it is and probably isn't worth searching beyond the drop-ins. IMO, of course. I thought the volume pot was a much bigger issue, with poor tracking. But I'm guessing that has more to do with the fact there's a lot crammed into not alot of real estate.

I don't know... I liked the fact that options were limited with the LB. The idea of tube rolling has no appeal to me. The LB is an inexpensive amp that sounds much, much better than it has any business sounding, but in the end, it is what it is and probably isn't worth searching beyond the drop-ins. IMO, of course. I thought the volume pot was a much bigger issue, with poor tracking. But I'm guessing that has more to do with the fact there's a lot crammed into not alot of real estate.

you do have a great point there Ian. the LB is cheap, relatively, and sounds amazing. i agree about the volume pot, it's too easy to go from really quiet to insanely loud if you twist a little too much. would have liked a bit more resistance on it. i don't even go past 8 o' clock on the thing. i'm mainly curious about the tube rolling thing because i want to see how far this baby can go ;D

having 500 PM space is awesome

ok.. I can't help but say this.. but.. I f... hate that donation I made. My inbox was filled with lots of garbage, but some good insight into some gear and suggestions, and impressions etc. Head-fi crash. 250+ msgs -> 23, WTF. Some of those ppl even gave me like paragraph long replies.. I think.. like Elephas!.. damn it.. crash more newb -_- raid array doesn't mean anything if you don't back it up lol