Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Great buy Reks. I have a Shun as well. They are razor sharp out of the box and need just a few minutes with a #1000 stone to polish the edge back to near razor sharpness. A great balance of carbon and chromium, just enough chromium to keep it stainless and enough carbon to keep the edge for longer that a few tomatoes. Sweet!

Trying not to get too excited but it looks like I'm close to closing a deal on a transport that I've been searching for forever. It will mean more changes to the rig but will be one step closer to the overall goal of consolidation.

So Nate, when you say "transport" does that mean you intend to keep the Hertsens? Or will that be on the block for something different/bigger/better/cooler/flashier?

Anyone here had experience with the Birdland DACs?

So Nate, when you say "transport" does that mean you intend to keep the Hertsens? Or will that be on the block for something different/bigger/better/cooler/flashier?

The Hertsens will never be sold. In my end-game rig that's my primary digital front end coupled to my SB3 and the "transport to be named later". I currently have two other digital front ends, one of which I was using as a transport (the Arcam CD73) and the other I was using whenever I felt like it (the Wadia). If the purchase goes through for the new transport and it works well I'll find new homes for both of the other players.

Anyone here had experience with the Birdland DACs?

I don't trust any company that only has renderings of a product on their website.