Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Two purchases today and both from Craigslist

Purchase #1

Today, I visited a guy who was selling his Sansui 8080 receiver. It wasn't in the best of shape appearance-wise (some lights out, veneer peeling in a few spots) but functionally perfect. I put down $75 and will pay the remaining $100 next week when he will have installed new lights. I had been hedging about buying it but when I told a guy who runs an electronics repair shop about the receiver, he said the price was fair, and that was good enough for me.

This thing is friggin' HUGE! I don't think it'll fit inside any of my racks (Salamander, Boltz). I'll probably have to put it on the top of the rack and then put my turntable on top of the receiver.

I want to pick up another vintage receiver and turntable so I can have a vinyl rig at home. I may need to sell some headphone gear to fund the future purchases. I can hear the dark side that is speaker audio calling me.

Purchase #2

And before I left for work this morning, I left a message for a guy who was selling a PSP Slim with 1GB Sony stick and Jaxter(?) and a Family Guy UMD for $90. He didn't return my call all day so I thought it was a no deal. But while I was driving home from work tonight, he calls me and says it's available. We met at a shopping mall and made the transaction. The PSP is silver and is 8/10 condition. Pretty good price, no? My cousin is updating the firmware right now.

I want to pick up another vintage receiver and turntable so I can have a vinyl rig at home. I may need to sell some headphone gear to fund the future purchases. I can hear the dark side that is speaker audio calling me.

Egad! Vintage TT means vinyl. Vinyl means cleaning machine. Cleaning machine means more finyl. More vinyl means better stylus and hotrod tt-pre.

Mua-ha-ha-ha-ha.........

Two purchases today and both from Craigslist

Purchase #1

Today, I visited a guy who was selling his Sansui 8080 receiver. It wasn't in the best of shape appearance-wise (some lights out, veneer peeling in a few spots) but functionally perfect. I put down $75 and will pay the remaining $100 next week when he will have installed new lights. I had been hedging about buying it but when I told a guy who runs an electronics repair shop about the receiver, he said the price was fair, and that was good enough for me.

This thing is friggin' HUGE! I don't think it'll fit inside any of my racks (Salamander, Boltz). I'll probably have to put it on the top of the rack and then put my turntable on top of the receiver.

Purchase #2

And before I left for work this morning, I left a message for a guy who was selling a PSP Slim with 1GB Sony stick and Jaxter(?) and a Family Guy UMD for $90. He didn't return my call all day so I thought it was a no deal. But while I was driving home from work tonight, he calls me and says it's available. We met at a shopping mall and made the transaction. The PSP is silver and is 8/10 condition. Pretty good price, no? My cousin is updating the firmware right now.

Damn, I've been looking for a PSP Slim for a good price in CL, but haven't found one yet. If you decide you don't want it later one, keep me in mind. I want one for the hour and a half bus ride home after work. Right now, I sleep and it fucks up my sleep schedule at night, so I want something to do for that time. =T

Sagean DT-220V AM/FM radio. Portable, sortof. It's a bit larger than a typical 'pod classic, but does a great job grabbing the few stations I need. At work it actually gets these stations, and in my office, that's a pretty tall order. Mix it with an amp and SE310s, and my day can go by pretty fast.

I have a Pioneer SX-5590 that I've had upgraded with black gates. Thing sounded friggin' sweet. I left it on during a thunderstorm, and it got hit -- I still have to get it repaired, but my guy who does work on it is optimistic it isn't as bad as it seems.

Dusty,

Your post got me to thinking, I have a mint condition Pioneer SX 1010 in my office which I haven't used in years, would it be worth upgrading caps, RCA and speaker jacks? I would use it as a second office system, front channel for home theater or bedroom system. It has bridged connectors so that it can be used as just a pream, amp or PHONO PRE. What dayah think?