What are you EATING right now?

JBLoudG20

He's still young enough to think he won't be affected. Wait until he finally meats fat, balding Colin in the not too distant future. And actually the poached eggs and home fries are the only thing that looks appealing there.

Take lots of pics of thin Colin. You'll want to reminisce one day soon. :)

Edited by swt61
  • Like 2

For the last six months, I've been trying to get myself to like fish/seafood.  Up to this point, I've shared seafood appetizers with others and tried someone's fish or seafood dish if they were willing to share.  I decided that it was time for me to try sushi (I've always liked the idea of sushi and have wanted to eat it or years).  I went to Uchi hour with a friend of mine and I had the following: 

1 akami (tuna loin) nigiri
1 sake (fresh atlantic salmon) nigiri
1 hamachi (baby yellowtail) nigiri
2 madai (japanese sea bream) nigiri
crispy brussel sprouts with lemon chili
katsu pork belly, yolk custard, espelette
smoked baby yellowtail with yucca crisp and marcona almond

It was all really excellent (much better than cooked fish) and I should have tried this years ago!

http://uchirestaurants.com/houston/

(I forgot to take a picture of a lot of the food before eating it). 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 6

There was a weird thing that happened.  Right after dinner, I got a sudden strong headache (in the back of my head) but it went away after about 5 minutes.   I think it may have been from the smoke from someone grilling on a hot stone in the place.  Maybe it was just allergies or maybe I am sick, who knows.  If it happens the next time I eat sushi, I'll take notice. 

Edited by shellylh

That's awesome, Shelly!  And very brave.  Sushi really is amazing food so I'm glad you liked it.  I've eaten a lot of sushi over the years and I believe I have never had a GI issue of any kind other than being completely stuffed!  

You are much more likely to get food poisoning from the rice than the fish.

That's awesome, Shelly!  And very brave.  Sushi really is amazing food so I'm glad you liked it.  I've eaten a lot of sushi over the years and I believe I have never had a GI issue of any kind other than being completely stuffed!  

This!

I love sushi and sushimi! When I eat it, I feel like I'm getting away with something, because it taste so good, but is pretty healthy as well.

Well someone needs to respond to Colin-

photo champagne_zpsq8gkftw1.jpg

1999 Billecart-Salmon Champagne

photo andy warhol_zpsbfgplcv9.jpg

2002 Andy Warhol Edition Dom Perignon

photo chardonnay_zpswsyxjg1j.jpg

1988 Sonoma Chardonnay crafted to taste just like a aged Chablis...yeah and a C Moy sounds just like a Blue Hawaii when you play Diana Krall through it.

We were lucky that it was a slow night so the chef created an off menue flight to pair with the wines.

photo dinner2_zpsgyvxsksq.jpg

Crab cake, the best evah!

photo dinner3_zps3f0zkdgb.jpg

prosciutto wrapped asparagus

photo dinner4_zpsfwgfo4jy.jpg

photo dinner5_zpsxyts5zbi.jpg

kicked up gnocchi

photo dinner6_zpszjfvcwib.jpg

Steak and lobster

• Like 6