Post what you're watching

deepak

there is still plenty of ad stuff, but the show isn't, and never has been, actually about advertising.

yea i know that, but i particularly liked the episodes/scenes where you can see how don's mind works about advertising, ex. the lucky strike "its toasted" scene

also, in the newest episode,

I loled pretty hard when peggy stuck her head up to see into don's office

watched 3 Rubicons last night, 1 tonight...kinda fuzzy on the clover bit but i guess that's the point?...

current on Breaking Bad...so now it's the Hoff's Roast...then the latest True Blood *sigh*...i try & i try, but to me...paquin looks like a goblin...not seeing the appeal of this show 'less it's purely for the ladies:rolleyes:...

about to watch the fourth ep of Rubicon. i really like it so far.

True Blood. what next, a tribe of Frankenberries?

Inside the Medieval Mind: Knowledge

x2^3, in that order no less. I then follow it up with Natural World: The Himalayas, which was the best of the four, narrowly edging out Rubicon.

I knew what was coming re: True Blood, but it doesn't make it any less hokey. I continually enjoy the show, however, if only for the Eric Northman storyline.

Visited Cardiff yesterday and today with good friends that have a holiday flat there. Cardiff is where Torchwood and much of Dr Who is filmed.

Now if you follow Torchwood, you'll know that a key character called Ianto Jones was killed off in the final series. Now the bizzarest thing I think I have ever seen is that there is a shrine in Cardiff at the place where the (fictional) character was killed. Damnedest thing. Just started by the odd fan, flowers are left and personal messages are pinned up.

Lots of pics around, but one link is here Shrine to Ianto Jones and Torchwood | Flickr - Photo Sharing! . I kid you not. Seriously wierd.

Rigoletto. Series of live performances from the locations that Verdi set the opera in, in Padua. Placido Domingo as Rigoletto, with remote orchestra conducted by Zubin Mehta.

First act was last night, second was midday today, and final act tonight at 10:30.

Amazing. I watched a similar exercise around 20 years ago of Tosca, again with Domingo, set in the correct settings around Rome. Final act was 4am - that one needed some stamina to watch.