What are the purtiest headphones ever?

postjack

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm partial to the HP-2 and L3000 myself. The HP2 in particular is so damn sexy, and doesn't look goofy on the head as with most headphones. I'm not a fan of the R10 droopy-breasts look and large size, but in person the overwhelming attention to detail and quality of materials & build wins me over. The R10 I recently owned had a really nice vintage/NOS smell to it - that was a real plus as well. That's actually what I miss most about 'em :(

I'm sort of partial to the L3000 as well. Even before owning them I thought they were the best looking headphones.

Wow, nice pic man! Personally I think they're one of those headphones that looks great in pics, but better in person. Generally, I feel that way about most headphones that have very high build quality - pics can't easily convey that, but you get a sense of it when you see/feel them in person. In contrast, the w2002 looks real pretty in pics, but the build quality isn't quite up to L3000 level and so now I just "feel" that the L3000 looks better - somehow the feel of the build quality affects my visual perceptions as well.

Wow, nice pic man! Personally I think they're one of those headphones that looks great in pics, but better in person. Generally, I feel that way about most headphones that have very high build quality - pics can't easily convey that, but you get a sense of it when you see/feel them in person. In contrast, the w2002 looks real pretty in pics, but the build quality isn't quite up to L3000 level and so now I just "feel" that the L3000 looks better - somehow the feel of the build quality affects my visual perceptions as well.

I should take some better ones in natural light, that was taken in my basement. I agree the overall feel, build quality, even smell is great.

The right pair of RS-1s also look really good. And R10s with better wood grains, are sweet.

Not to pat myself on the back, but I think the walnut cups I wasted on did for a pair of 125s are a leather headband away from being the nicest Grados I've seen...

1164773012_walnut125.jpg

Currently contemplating doing another pair for my HF-1.

Beyond that, I think the HE-90 combo of wood and metal is great.

Audio Technica FTW -- W2002, W5000.

ath-w2002.jpgath-w5000.jpg

...but what were those really dark ones that someone posted, vintages?

The L3000's are "okay" -- I'm not particularly enamored with their looks, just their sound. I do like the fact that they look different, but I wish they came in black, even if it had to have light stitching. I could always run them over with a sharpie, I guess... >:D

The W2002, L3000, and R10 get my vote. The best craftmanship is definitely goes to the R10 and L3000. The L3000 looks a lot nicer in person. The W11JPN is o.k. but not as well build or as nice as the W2002.

Yeah, the JPN's beauty is really only in the wood. The rest is not terribly impressive. I think the chrome accent piece on the L3000 makes it look much better than it would without. The L3000 is certainly a cool looking headphone, with a very distinct approach.

I think the Qualia might be the most interesting looking headphone, in all its' ill-fittedness and easily-brokenness.

I'd still say the W5000 is the most stylish headphone. The all-black, relatively minimalist metal work combined with the dark, natural wood cups is just a very smooth and sexy look. Of course they've hardly got the most attractive cable...sigh.

And of course the retro-cool look of the HP1000 could not be forgotten, what the PS1 wished it could be when it grew up! :D